Be careful....

No one is talking about this Boston incident.

The FAA says its air traffic controller told the crew of the Learjet to “line up and wait” on Runway 9 as the JetBlue Embraer 190 approached the intersecting Runway 4 Right.

“The Learjet pilot read back the instructions clearly but began a takeoff roll instead,” the FAA said in a statement. “The pilot of the JetBlue aircraft took evasive action and initiated a climb-out as the Learjet crossed the intersection.”

Date:27-FEB-2023
Time:23:54 UTC
Type:
Silhouette image of generic LJ60 model; specific model in this crash may look slightly different

Learjet 60
Owner/operator:Hop-A-Jet
MSN:60-280
Fatalities:Fatalities: 0 / Occupants:
Other fatalities:0
Aircraft damage:None
Location:Boston-Logan International Airport, MA (BOS/KBOS) -
N.gif
United States of America
Phase:Take off
Nature:Passenger - Scheduled
Departure airport:Boston-Logan International Airport, MA (BOS/KBOS)
Destination airport:Fort Lauderdale-Executive Airport, FL (FXE/KFXE)
Confidence Rating:
CR3.svg
Information is only available from news, social media or unofficial sources
Narrative:
JetBlue Airways flight B6206, an Embraer ERJ-190AR (N179JB), and a Hop-A-Jet Learjet 60 (N280LJ) were involved in a runway incursion incident at Boston-Logan International Airport, MA (BOS).
The ERJ-190 was on final approach to runway 04R while the Learjet had lined up on runway 9 for departure. Both runways intersect.
The Learjet began the takeoff roll at a time when the ERJ-190 was about to land. The flight crew of the ERJ-190 aborted the landing and commenced a go-around while the Learjet continued with the takeoff.

The ERJ-190 landed safely 12 minutes later. The Learjet continued to the destination, Fort Lauderdale, FL (FXE).

Last edited:
Coming now to the LAPD. I don’t get it. First they want to defund the police. Now they want it to consist of unqualified or underqualified officers?

This is how you end up with an LAPD Rampart Division CRASH unit with Rafael Perez and his band of rogue gang unit officers; that the film Training Day and Denzel Washington’s character were loosely based upon.
I’d be lying if when it’s slow and I’m bored I like to see how many planes I can get stacked on top of eachother with 1 vector each to all be at the same spot at the same time. Altitude separated of course.

Merge plot mania! In stack form.

I will say that my first landing at KBOS was pretty eye opening, as i heard and watched a jet get cleared for takeoff and roll when we were at maybe 2 mile final (same runway scenario). And after i saw it all work out, i realized they are far more efficient than SeaTac.

I will say that my first landing at KBOS was pretty eye opening, as i heard and watched a jet get cleared for takeoff and roll when we were at maybe 2 mile final (same runway scenario). And after i saw it all work out, i realized they are far more efficient than SeaTac.
I don't always start talking about contingencies on final, but when I do it's usually same or crossing runway separation.

BOS is a **** show. Departing 33L? You’re crossing 3 runways, all of which could be landing/arrivals on.

Really? I thought BOS was advanced but fairly easy if you way attention.

[joke] I wish Corpies would stick to their own kind. I mean, you don’t see me taking my 737 into Van Nuys or Teterboro. Go to BED or ORH. Leave BOS for the big boys. ;) [/joke]

Back