Be careful....

Yeah. I definitely understand that ATC is a "you can do it or you can't" league. I still think that the entire way that training is done needs to be re-done to get you all over 50% passing.
Some are more trainable than others. I only know one or two people in my career in the can't do it category. Many could have that either ran out of time or just had bad attitudes.

If you’re smart, you’ll be sure to own the businesses that use the AI rather than being an employee who works for them. The future is AI, whether anyone here likes it or not.

And then one day when the AI decides they don't need YOU?

I think I've seen this movie before. Have zero desire to see it play it out in real life.

Actually you know what, screw it. The human species deserves it.

And then one day when the AI decides they don't need YOU?

I think I've seen this movie before. Have zero desire to see it play it out in real life.

Actually you know what, screw it. The human species deserves it.

I agree, AI likely ends up destroying us all. But it's also inevitable, so no use resisting it. Embrace it and just hope the Terminator takeover happens after we're dead. :)

And despite Chasen’s bitterness about it, the simple fact is he aged out because he forgot to apply the last year he was eligible.
That is 100% false. Prior to the last app period, I got a message on USAjobs that the pool (which I was in), was extended, and all taking the test would do was to give me a chance to get a better score. Which is why I didn't take it very seriously as I had a good feeling I killed that ish. But I didn't "Forget to apply". I procrastinated since I didn't even know if I was going to actually re-take it anyway given the fact I was in the pool already and unlikely to do much better, and the app closed prior to the posted date I had read online. But again, I was in the pool regardless. As far as how I "aged out", I didn't. What happened is they moved the goal post in 2021 because they said people born before 02AUG90 would not get into OKC, certify, etc in time to complete at least 15 years with the FAA due to the COVID backlog on top of the pre-COVID backlog which already had me sitting in the pool for years. I had a phonecall with OKC about it, on my birthday because that's the day they decided to do this of all days. At the time that this happened, I had exactly 1 year left for an OKC class invite before I aged out.

I have no idea how you came to the conclusion that taking the test a 4th time would have prevented the above. What are you even talking about? But yeah, I'm bitter af, always will be. Literally, nothing changed between my first app or the last app other than the BQ itself going away. PPL, Ramp Tower, various airlines experience. Checked those same boxes on every single app, my ratings, work history, and education did not change. And magically, no BQ meant my experience suddenly qualified me every year thereafter to take the AT-SAT. But sure, it wasn't the BQ, and getting a FOURTH WQ score in 4 years would have made sure I never had that phonecall. Whatever, man. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I just did one, and the most horrible thing I found was that there’s some social media campaign trying to get women and minorities to apply for the rigorous screening process you’re taking about.

Todd is off the rails here.
FIFUs!

50k for associates? Community college/Jr college about 2k a year.
Not for a CTI degree.

CCBC, which is one of the good ATC schools, charges $500/credit for out of state students. It is a 70 credit course, that is $35,000 for tuition alone ($21k for in-state resident students). Forget books, sim time, flight time (they require their ATC students to get a PPL), and housing/ sustenance. $50k may be a conservative estimate.

Last edited:
Literally, nothing changed between my first app or the last app other than the BQ itself going away

The bq didn’t go away til 2018. You took the at-sa 2016-2018. While I’m certainly not saying you would have gotten hired the 4th time, it’s not the bq to blame. It’s 1500 spots per year with 20-30k applicants. People applying 3-5+ times before getting an offer is not uncommon at all.

Last edited:
Pilots on this this thread reading pages 12 and 13
A44F225C-33C3-45B0-9D4E-3638FC02DC3B.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: HJB
This is actually really interesting - how does it work? Do you just require all your tenants to have autopay and use a bank account?

It’s not really “required,” but there are additional fees involved if they don’t use autopay. That gets pretty much everyone to use it. When someone doesn’t pay, everything is automated for collections. Automated emails, phone calls, letters, etc. No action required by a person until it gets time to file an actual eviction, which is rare.

Reactions: JEP
Back