AS application question-employment history

LA County has stopped even outdoor dining. Can anyone show evidence that the virus is spreading in people eating outdoors? There was no science in that decision.
California makes decisions based on science? Thankfully a lot of those people love the way their state is run, so be it. It's your state after all...

(Coming from someone born and raised in the Bay Area....never again)

1200 or something? Theory from a couple mesaba guys over there is trying to push congress to get that bill passed. American would but they already blew their load.

That the WARNs were all a bluff to spur Congressional action was thought before CARES 1.0 expired, too.

Whatever. I don't care about gravity any more than I care about masks. I care about what is being done to our civil liberties.
So you did some research; its a big world hu?

I understand your point about civil liberties and i agree. Take away all the mask stuff for a minute and just think about where rights end and begin. Where does your right to swing your arms end? At my nose. This is a twisty turny sorta problem where a highly contagious, invisible (naked eye), enemy can attack all of us. 99.97% of us will be fine supposedly and that's good news. But this damn little virus gets carried by us to the next infection. Unwillingly we are swinging our arms at everyone around us. Its not your fault, it's just what is being done to us. Even worse you really don't know your spinning your arms and even when you wear a mask you're still spinning ur arms.

I think you're asking "but what happens next". It will be a year soon and we kept hearing 2more weeks. We still hear that crap. Life has to go on someday because the economy kills people too, and its pretty clear from WHO estimates on malnutrition and starvation for next year as a result of a global economic shutdown, we are gonna get tagged BOTH ways on this. The real death count may double.

I haven't got any solutions to this. I understand you wanna attack this from a different way, so do I, but I have to rely on one economic tentpole, the specialization of work. You can't expect a single member of workforce to be experts in art, surgery, flying, coding, oil changes, daycare, etc. We picked flying, no epidemiology and not medicine. The experts are as much aligned as they can be. Wear masks, isolate a little (called social distancing).

If six months from now this is over what do we do if the government used this opportunity to take away more freedoms? We fight and take it back. That eventuality is not guaranteed, so let's let tomorrows problem be solved tomorrow.

Day at a time, patience and rythm, and i have faith we'll go back to normal. Or as normal as a world can be that lets me own guns and eat pez a whole bandalier at a time.

Last edited:
To be faiiiiiiiiiir it almost worked. Nancy kinda torpedoed the water for partisan wins

I like when CNN snaps on Pelosi for the stimulus, they just did it again and she got angry:

AF266913-1A1E-4E92-8A5E-0EBECB275D1E.png

Latest bid effective Oct 1st

Reductions (all Airbus):

-9 LAX CA
-21 SFO CA
-15 LAX FO
-45 SFO FO

Additions (all Boeing):

+13 LAX CA
+13 PDX CA
+ 64 SEA CA

Looks like 90 reductions and 90 additions. But on the CA side, -30 reductions offset by + 90 CA slots. 60 FOs who get a pure upgrade (can't even remember the last time I saw an upgrade bid that large). Hiring unknown because there are still pilots on those 50 hr paid leaves.

Last edited:
Looks like 13 MAX9 options made into firm orders for 2023-2024. Additional capacity for 2021 from the Airbus fleet. All EIL pilots being recalled by August (Boeing) and by Q1 2021 (Airbus).

Best news:

Hiring 200 pilots beginning in Q4 2021.
To clarify, all Boeing captains will be recalled August 2021, all remaining EIL pilots will be recalled by Q1 2022.

Certainly good news today! Especially the announcement of hiring this year. Let’s hope it holds true!

What's going on with the Airbus? Phasing them all out? Are they old or Alaska just hate them?

What's going on with the Airbus? Phasing them all out? Are they old or Alaska just hate them?

Phasing all of them out and returning to an all-Boeing fleet. The 319s/320s will be gone for sure but the current "plan" has all 10 321NEOs staying. IMO that's only because they haven't found anyone to take the leases off our hands. I imagine by the time 2023 comes around, they will be taken by somebody and exit stage left.

The dual fleet vs single fleet decision came down to cost and the MAXes were bought at a very good pricing point that Airbus wouldn't touch.

Back