AS application question-employment history

It’s like the 90 second emer evacuate guidelines. Manufactures hire college aged kids, young fit people and show they all get out in 90 seconds or less. They aren’t taking the grandma/pa in wheelchairs, nor accounting for the douches who will open overhead bins and take out out carry on bags, effectively slowing the process and destroying the 90 second rule.

Odd then that the last 5 major evacuations have all been within 10% of the certified time for the aircraft.

And also, (not surprisingly) your version of how a certification works is terribly wrong.

Odd then that the last 5 major evacuations have all been within 10% of the certified time for the aircraft.

And also, (not surprisingly) your version of how a certification works is terribly wrong.

Major evacs in real life have also used more available exits than used during certification, which in real life is a good thing. REGARLDESS. You completely missed the point about masks. Peoples noses are exposed, like a dick hanging out of unzipped pants. And somehow we are okay with that. The motion of having a mask on is apparently greater than having a mask actually covering your mouth and nose.

Major evacs in real life have also used more available exits than used during certification, which in real life is a good thing. REGARLDESS. You completely missed the point about masks. Peoples noses are exposed, like a dick hanging out of unzipped pants. And somehow we are okay with that. The motion of having a mask on is apparently greater than having a mask actually covering your mouth and nose.
My experience contradicts yours. I am seeing a quantitative improvement in proper mask usage over the last 2 - 3 months.

My experience contradicts yours. I am seeing a quantitative improvement in proper mask usage over the last 2 - 3 months.

My experience has been different then. LA county, not having a mask inside stores/places hasn’t been an issue because it’s required to get in. The issue is the improper wearing. I pay attention to those around me and that’s been my observation. Kids I don’t care about, it’s a joke what we’ve put them through in this county.

Except you don’t account for true/actual human behavior.

It’s like the 90 second emer evacuate guidelines. Manufactures hire college aged kids, young fit people and show they all get out in 90 seconds or less. They aren’t taking the grandma/pa in wheelchairs, nor accounting for the douches who will open overhead bins and take out out carry on bags, effectively slowing the process and destroying the 90 second rule.

Masks work effectively only when society wears them properly as a whole. Clearly, society can’t do that. Half the people I see, their noses are exposed because the mask is pulled down just enough. They are only doing it for the motions of it, for the fact that it’s required. Defeats all purpose.
You keep making sense and I might have to take you off of ignore.

A mask gets hot, the air in it gets stale and smelly. You can't factually say that they're wearing their mask like that the entire time. And not just catching a fresh breath.

Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 9.16.19 AM.png

It's called "the law of gravity" for a reason. It has been tested and found to be true under every known or conceivable circumstance. It's no longer examined, except in Middle School science classes.

Studies of mask efficacy are ongoing, therefore, their utility is still in dispute.

That said, I've allowed myself to stray from my main concern, which is this: I don't care whether masks are effective or not. My concern is not the mask; it's the mandate.

As I've said before, if the utility of masks is so widely understood and accepted, then it ought to be no problem to use the legislative process to pass a temporary law requiring them in certain settings and situations. As long as We The People consent to the law via our elected representation, I'm fine with it. But that's not what's happening.

Leftist Governors and statist bureaucrats have used the the excuse of the pandemic to seize more power for themselves. They've issued edict after decree after directive. They've limited our movement, restricted our behavior, closed our businesses/schools/churches, harmed our children, drained our finances. and fundamentally altered the electoral process; all without any kind of legislative backing, or consent of the people, and while ignoring the restrictions themselves.

Meanwhile, they're still "working," still getting paid, still going out to eat, still getting haircuts, still not social distancing, and still NOT WEARING MASKS! But I'm expected to do what they say, not as they do.

The really scary part is the large number of people out there who are quite content to go along with it, and play the "Governor, May I?" game in the name of "the public good."

There's no such thing as the public good. We are a nation of individuals with competing needs, not a monolithic society. Even with the best of intentions, our government cannot possibly serve all individual needs. The only way to do that is for people to take care of themselves, and the only way to do that is let them be free to pursue their own motivations and their own solutions.

A mandate is not needed to wear a mask.
Unfortunately gravity is a phenomenon and we have some math on how we thinks it works (the theory) but theres examples in this solar system and the cosmos where it doesnt "act right".

We say its a law because we do pretty well with the current math for most of our purposes.

Before you jump me, just keep in mind i had this discussion a long time ago with a science nut and a math guru for his company, he broke it down into really simple bits so pilot me could understand. Like so many things in life, its more complicated than you think. The earth may wobble "wrong" and we cant explain it but the airplane flies.

Dont feel bad, i used to have a lot of trouble with anthropomorphic global warming theory and when he broke things down and related it to gravity it kinda helped me pay better attention and it worked. I wish i was that good I could do it for you but I'm not.

Just go easy on this stuff, trust the science and recommendations, except for sunscreen, cancer is fake, giant plot to experiment on people.

Unbelievably wrong.
I mean, not unbelievable. Plenty of normal adults don't know the law of gravity is just a sales pitch to keep you from asking "what do you mean we still can't prove this works"? The answer of "9.81 m/s2 and shut up if you please, I've got a headache" isn't helping teachers get kids through physics.

EDIT (add): We went to the moon and back with people and launched "things" around almost every planet and a dwarf planet. It's pretty functional, but technically it's a theory.

I mean, not unbelievable. Plenty of normal adults don't know the law of gravity is just a sales pitch to keep you from asking "what do you mean we still can't prove this works"? The answer of "9.81 m/s2 and shut up if you please, I've got a headache" isn't helping teachers get kids through physics.

EDIT (add): We went to the moon and back with people and launched "things" around almost every planet and a dwarf planet. It's pretty functional, but technically it's a theory.

Not only is it a theory, but aspects of it are continually being researched. We only just detected gravity waves a few years ago after decades of experiments.

Not only is it a theory, but aspects of it are continually being researched. We only just detected gravity waves a few years ago after decades of experiments.
Sure but we aren't grounding all flights on Earth because we learn something amazing and new about gravity. I admit he's funny because he's so sure and so wrong, I feel like I baited him into that one too, but he isn't the first I suckered in on the gravity is a theory. If there weren't so many people that were working under a functional understanding of gravity I wouldn't have so much fun blowing their minds :)

It's the simple things in life I enjoy.

Back