AS application question-employment history

You're right, churches should be shut down too.
Mine is, and has been since April, with a bare month or month and a half of strictly modified and distanced services. Actually, this time around it was done on our own imperative and not because of a government order, which is marginally more palatable.

The Diocese of Chicago believes in science, too.

The media is already laying the ground work to blame the post holiday surge on travel, seeing several stories about crowded airports, this will likely result in furthering the public perception that travel is dangerous and lead to the further decimation of the industry.
What possible rational motivation would drive such an unlikely coordinated effort?

Mine is, and has been since April, with a bare month or month and a half of strictly modified and distanced services. Actually, this time around it was done on our own imperative and not because of a government order, which is marginally more palatable.

The Diocese of Chicago believes in science, too.

A wise decision made by your church. But it should not be forced upon them.

So, what's your complaint? That churches are open? Or that restaurants are closed?

It should be neither. Your real outrage should be directed at the way all this is going down.

The problem is not the mask, it's the mandate. This was not something that occurred via the legislative process. Again, it was handed down by executive fiat, in the name of the "public good," and we all just went along with it. The precedent has been set, and accepted.

This time, it's a mask. What's to prevent the same declaration for fast-food cheeseburgers, extended cab pickup trucks, and semi-automatic handguns?The Governor of California recently signed an executive order banning the sale of gasoline-powered vehicles. What's to say he can't do the same with airplanes?

There is a reason our legislative process was designed the way it was. Passage of laws was meant to be a difficult and arduous process. It was intended to require significant consideration, reflection, discussion, debate, negotiation, persuasion, and agreement of the polity, to ensure that the body politic was well-represented during the process.

Leaders do so with our consent. No one is consenting to any of this. This should have everyone spitting mad, chewing-nails outraged. Instead, half the people are standing up and cheering for it.

"So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause."

My complaint is that we are taking a political approach to locking down rather than a science based approach.

Mask mandate and go on living our lives as normal and tell people who feel vulnerable to stay in isolation.

Lock down for realsies or none at all. Not based on who has the worst lobbyists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What possible rational motivation would drive such an unlikely coordinated effort?
This is the question I’ve had since the start for all the “hoaxers, media-driven, soros, whatever conspiracy you wanted to use.

why in the world, would every country on earth join in on getting trump out of office, at the expense of their own economy? Why would the owners and commissioners of every sports league (most of whom are Trump supporters) torpedo their revenue to get him out of office.

i get that anybody who believes in trump has a suspended sense of reality, but just basic walking around sense would tell you this isn’t a coordinated effort.

We're seeing the fear and hysteria being amped up by the media and the Democrats. It's much easier to convince people to give up their civil liberties if they're scared.

are You referring to shut downs and mask mandates as “amping up fear and hysteria?”

It’s not necessarily a coordinated effort, fear and sensationalism sells and makes them money, it’s their business, they don’t care what consequence may come about from what they do. How many stories do you see about the fact that transmission rates on an airplane are close to nonexistent, I haven’t seen many, but I’ve seen a lot that say if you travel you’ll likely be killing people or yourself.

I'll wager there's not a single person who doesn't know about it, it's implications, or what they can do to mitigate it.
The problem, of course, is that there are people who know (or, to accept your premise, reasonably should know), but refuse to take any mitigation or public health measures whatsoever absent an order of a government (and sometimes, not even then).

So.

The problem, of course, is that there are people who know (or, to accept your premise, reasonably should know), but refuse to take any mitigation or public health measures whatsoever absent an order of a government (and sometimes, not even then).

So.

So.

How about them masks. I’d say a solid half I see have noses exposed. That means people don’t give a crap and are simply going through the motions.

So.

Which sucks. Just like it sucks when free speech allows Nazis to march. Freedom has downsides. But it’s better than the alternative.

Except they have. In study after study after study.

So when you say something dumb like that, ot invalidates pretty much any other points you were trying to (poorly) make.

Except you don’t account for true/actual human behavior.

It’s like the 90 second emer evacuate guidelines. Manufactures hire college aged kids, young fit people and show they all get out in 90 seconds or less. They aren’t taking the grandma/pa in wheelchairs, nor accounting for the douches who will open overhead bins and take out out carry on bags, effectively slowing the process and destroying the 90 second rule.

Masks work effectively only when society wears them properly as a whole. Clearly, society can’t do that. Half the people I see, their noses are exposed because the mask is pulled down just enough. They are only doing it for the motions of it, for the fact that it’s required. Defeats all purpose.

Except you don’t account for true/actual human behavior.

It’s like the 90 second emer evacuate guidelines. Manufactures hire college aged kids, young fit people and show they all get out in 90 seconds or less. They aren’t taking the grandma/pa in wheelchairs, nor accounting for the douches who will open overhead bins and take out out carry on bags, effectively slowing the process and destroying the 90 second rule.

Masks work effectively only when society wears them properly as a whole. Clearly, society can’t do that. Half the people I see, their noses are exposed because the mask is pulled down just enough. They are only doing it for the motions of it, for the fact that it’s required. Defeats all purpose.

That doesn't prove that masks don't work. That proves that large groups of people are selfish, narrow-minded, and ignorant.

Back