AS application question-employment history

I really don’t know what to say, If you are truly making 300k as a captain at Alaska Airlines that is great and I’m genuinely happy for you. I was hired a handful of months after the junior captain awarded on the latest bid and I have no illusions of upgrading anytime soon, with an effective date in January of next year I remain very skeptical that this bid actually plays out, having said that I truly hope it does.
I will maintain that the only thing Legacy about Alaska is that we fly 737s and Airbus, but so do the other non regional airlines, I feel like we fall pretty woefully short in every other metric if one glances at the contracts of other so called legacy airlines.

If you looked at them ten years ago, they were shooting for your contract at that time. Alaska was the first airline to get significant improvements after the 9/11 lost decade, and all of us in collective bargaining at the time were holding up the Alaska rates as the ones to beat. The defined contribution was also great, as were other items (although your scope had admittedly always been awful). It’s all cyclical. Today‘s legacy to drool over is tomorrow’s industry laggard, and vice versa.

With reserve guys no longer able to pick up trips on days off, there's no way a junior skipper is making that much

All your points are spot on, this contract being negotiated is a massive mountain to climb if a large percentage of the pilot group is "just happy to have a job".

True. This year I’ve only been on reserve in January and August. October will most likely be reserve (the rest of the year for that matter).

Yes, the milking can only be done as a line holder.

Latest bid result, most junior CA is SEA DOH 11/2017.

@Rocketman99 did ya take el Capitan on this bid or the last one? Or holding off?

Nope, I still have no interest, especially if that means being a reserve bitch or going to another base. I'm pretty much still burned out from 9 years of running the show basically solo at Culligan/Pinchanickle/Bendoveur, and yes I know that was over 6 years ago now.

Nope, I still have no interest, especially if that means being a reserve bitch or going to another base. I'm pretty much still burned out from 9 years of running the show basically solo at Culligan/Pinchanickle/Bendoveur, and yes I know that was over 6 years ago now.

Good call. No out of base reserve for me. 10/10 wouldn’t do this.

It’s why I bought a house in reserve call out range to SEA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back