AS application question-employment history

I'd point out, too, that the damn things work and work well; polio is hopefully going to be on its way to eradication globally (it almost already is; it remains endemic only in Pakistan and Afghanistan). Also, TIL that the oral vaccine creates contact immunity, which is kind of bad-ass by itself.

"It puts the mask upon its face until it gets a shot, or else it gets Phase 1 (or Tier 3, or whatever it's called) again."
The road to the polio vaccine wasn't a smooth one. Some of the vaccines gave people polio and killed people. They still do, but the risk is so low that it's been determined to be worth it.

Easy Karen, a mask mandate isn't tyranny.

I'm totally fine with mask mandates but I don't agree with both mask mandates and targeted shut downs. The restaurant shut downs in WA state are appalling. There were 200,000 restaurant workers pre Covid there are now 100,000 and most of the 100,000 just got laid off again.

Meanwhile you can gather in Churches with zero seating limitations and sing at the top of your lungs with your mask off. The double standard is terrible. It's poor leadership and it does nothing to slow down the 'Rona.

None of what has happened over the last several months has been at the behest or consent of the governed. The mask mandates, the lockdowns, the closure of business, schools, and churches; all of it has been by executive fiat. It has been arbitrary and capricious. That is the very definition of tyranny.

The thing about tyranny is that it sneaks up on you. It's the parable of the frog in the pan of cold water on the stove. Freedoms are encroached on bit by little bit until one day you no longer recognize the country you live in. Then it's too late. We're very close to that point now.
You’re the same guy who was screaming that the whole virus was a Democratic hoax to get trump out of office. yet here we are after the election, and the virus is worse than it’s been to this point. Go back to parler.

The media is already laying the ground work to blame the post holiday surge on travel, seeing several stories about crowded airports, this will likely result in furthering the public perception that travel is dangerous and lead to the further decimation of the industry.

Back