AS application question-employment history

I’d hope it’s north of 70%, eventually. I personally want it as soon as I can get it; I think that unnecessary delays once an EUA is issued and broad-based vaccination campaigns begin (circa Q2 2021) are contrary to the public safety in air commerce.

70%? Good luck with that. I wish it was that or even higher. But people gonna do what people do.

70%? Good luck with that. I wish it was that or even higher. But people gonna do what people do.

This says vaccination rates are about 70% for the entire 7-vaccine childhood series the CDC recommends, and 92.7% for polio (which had the highest rate). Not sure how different it will be for an all-ages vaccine, but a 70% Covid vaccination rate probably isn't far fetched. Of course, I'm not sure how quickly they'll be able to produce enough doses or get them distributed everywhere they're needed, so it might take a few years after the vaccine is approved for that many people to actually receive it.

This says vaccination rates are about 70% for the entire 7-vaccine childhood series the CDC recommends, and 92.7% for polio (which had the highest rate). Not sure how different it will be for an all-ages vaccine, but a 70% Covid vaccination rate probably isn't far fetched. Of course, I'm not sure how quickly they'll be able to produce enough doses or get them distributed everywhere they're needed, so it might take a few years after the vaccine is approved for that many people to actually receive it.
They’re saying one of the 2 (probably Pfizer) has allocated enough to vax 12.5M people in the US by 12/31/20. From what I’ve read there are estimated 12-16M health care workers in the US. So basically, if we can keep our crap together, the whole healthcare workforce can be done by years end with just one of the 2 vax that will be released. I know I’m the resident doomer, but that’s the best news we’ve had in a while.

They’re saying one of the 2 (probably Pfizer) has allocated enough to vax 12.5M people in the US by 12/31/20. From what I’ve read there are estimated 12-16M health care workers in the US. So basically, if we can keep our crap together, the whole healthcare workforce can be done by years end with just one of the 2 vax that will be released. I know I’m the resident doomer, but that’s the best news we’ve had in a while.

It's indeed fantastic news. Right now, the record for the shortest time to develop a vaccine is 5 years, so I figured we wouldn't have an effective vaccine until at least 2025 if ever. This is much better than I expected.

I'd point out, too, that the damn things work and work well; polio is hopefully going to be on its way to eradication globally (it almost already is; it remains endemic only in Pakistan and Afghanistan). Also, TIL that the oral vaccine creates contact immunity, which is kind of bad-ass by itself.

"It puts the mask upon its face until it gets a shot, or else it gets Phase 1 (or Tier 3, or whatever it's called) again."

It's indeed fantastic news. Right now, the record for the shortest time to develop a vaccine is 5 years, so I figured we wouldn't have an effective vaccine until at least 2025 if ever. This is much better than I expected.
1605995530203.png

It's bad-ass. I don't understand all the science, but apparently what got this off the scientific ground fairly quickly was the fact that the virus's genomic sequence was quickly available in the early days of the outbreak. It wasn't like mRNA technology was sitting on the shelf, mind. Been in work for a while with a big breakthrough in 2005.

This is just so frigging cool. Between this, and a few things happening in computing, I must say that I really do love living in the goddamn future, even if I'm not flying Moon turns.

I'd point out, too, that the damn things work and work well; polio is hopefully going to be on its way to eradication globally (it almost already is; it remains endemic only in Pakistan and Afghanistan). Also, TIL that the oral vaccine creates contact immunity, which is kind of bad-ass by itself.
I don’t understand mucosal immunity at all but it sure seems cool.

Can’t wait to get my yellow card filled out today with the Rona vax so I can go to Canada...

What a world

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those vaccines have been around for a long time and are true, tried.

Here you have the most rushed vaccine in the history of mankind.

Hahaha... bro yeah... we know. Your first thoughts are always to go down that dark, dangerous briar patch of thinking. :D

Back