AS application question-employment history

Congress absolutely have to get off of their duffs, or it's going to be a cold, dark winter indeed.

Not going to happen unless Democrats win both U.S. Senate runoffs in Georgia. Senate Republicans have made it clear they're not going to agree to another stimulus, and since Biden won the Presidency it's in their best interest that the economy be in as bad shape as possible in 2022 (and next November for New Jersey and Virginia).

In the United States after all the phases of clinical trials are completed assessing both safety and efficacy, a vaccine can receive full Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval with licensing. FDA approval of one vaccine does not grant approval of other COVID-19 vaccines, and each must be individually evaluated before FDA approval for general distribution and use by the public. FDA Emergency Use Authorizations (EUAs) for large trials of vaccines is not full FDA approval. Pilots participating in vaccine trials under an EUA may be medically disqualified for an indefinite period of time, according to current FAA policy. Even after approval, ongoing studies will still be conducted to ensure continuing safety of the vaccine. Generally, the FAA does not allow pilot use of a new FDA-approved drug or vaccine for at least one year after full FDA approval. It is ALPA’s understanding that the FAA is still researching whether a pilot receiving a future FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccine will be allowed to fly if they receive the vaccine immediately upon FDA approval. Pilots are reminded of the FAA requirement to report all visits to health-care providers on their FAA medical application.

I thought they just said don't do any of the trials because it isn't FDA approved.
I haven’t read the stories closely enough, but is it actual FDA approval or the “emergency authorization” that a lot of this COVID stuff has been released under? I could see them splitting hairs over that.

I haven’t read the stories closely enough, but is it actual FDA approval or the “emergency authorization” that a lot of this COVID stuff has been released under? I could see them splitting hairs over that.
That’s fair. Theres probably more info in some of the emails, like what @roundout posted above, that gets lost amongst the angry PBS emails.

Nothing has been approved yet, but read my post again. It specifically addresses this.

Note, this is from ALPA National, not from the FAA. It is not law. But it is information from a reliable source, which is connected to the FAA and OKC at a level that most common folks aren't. So I would consider taking their recommendations seriously.

Nothing has been approved yet, but read my post again. It specifically addresses this.

Note, this is from ALPA National, not from the FAA. It is not law. But it is information from a reliable source, which is connected to the FAA and OKC at a level that most common folks aren't. So I would consider taking their recommendations seriously.
I’d also hope the Administrator is going to have the aeromedical people change their tune on this one. Or there might not be as much of an industry left for him to regulate. The vaccine is the way back to normalcy.

Haha, anyway.

I’d also hope the Administrator is going to have the aeromedical people change their tune on this one. Or there might not be as much of an industry left for him to regulate. The vaccine is the way back to normalcy.

Haha, anyway.

What percent of the American population do you think will take the vaccine?

Back