AS application question-employment history

I especially liked the part where the Australian guy asked everyone watching specifically not to share anything contained in the webcast. It’s weird they’d keep stuff from us though.

giphy.gif

We get it, you drank the koolaid that the company was financially better than everyone else and now you're shocked things are going s***

Good luck with the smaller airline strategy, we already were a small stagnant airline before this started....
Most west coast....
Protect SEA.....
Let’s emerge from this smaller....
#winning

Everyone is hurting. Everyone. Pretty much All announced a 70% capacity cut, we are hardly alone. Whatever you feel at Alaska, it’s gonna happen at other airlines too.

giphy.gif

We get it, you drank the koolaid that the company was financially better than everyone else and now you're shocked things are going s***

Not to get into an argue fest over AS, but it is better. We along with SW had the most to last in terms of cash on hand without reaching for government help. Something like over 4 months (120 days+). I read in comparison United had something like 45 days.

You’re senior enough that you were VX right? Would you rather go through this Covid crisis as VX standalone? Or as a merged Alaska? I for one am extremely glad we are going through this as Alaska.

You’re senior enough that you were VX right? Would you rather go through this Covid crisis as VX standalone? Or as a merged Alaska? I for one am extremely glad we are going through this as Alaska.

Yes VX. Considering it was gonna get bought by somebody, I can think of a few other choices before this #MostWestCoast that's betting it all on the MAX. But hey, here we are in this together.

Yes VX. Considering it was gonna get bought by somebody, I can think of a few other choices before this #MostWestCoast that's betting it all on the MAX. But hey, here we are in this together.

I wished JetBlue happened instead of Alaska. But they never polled us :)

Good luck, we’re gonna need it. I only watched the online video, missed the base call. That’s the first I heard of postponement of the LAX Bus closure. Did they say much about it? Any base / reduction bid coming? Etc?

giphy.gif

Guess you missed the point there tough guy. Here’s a fun newsflash, every airline is going to •.

I was thinking for a while I might not get furloughed. Then I remembered I can be replaced by someone making 1/3 my wage flying an EMB-175 for SkyWest. So never mind. I'm gonna get furloughed.
Yeah the top half of the alaska pilot group never deemed scope important enough to include in a contract. But they’ll be fine throughout this

Bid cancellation
Yeah the top half of the alaska pilot group never deemed scope important enough to include in a contract. But they’ll be fine throughout this

Not the numbers I’m hearing. We know the fleet number approx for April and May with the 70%. IF that stays til October, all of us in this thread will be out of a job.

Hopeully things settle down and it won’t be that bad. It doesn’t look like we’ve hit the apex yet. And even then it could be cyclical. What I’ve heard so far is estimating about 80 planes April/May and assuming some recovery then 180 planes total in October.

Bid cancellation

Not the numbers I’m hearing. We know the fleet number approx for April and May with the 70%. IF that stays til October, all of us in this thread will be out of a job.

Hopeully things settle down and it won’t be that bad. It doesn’t look like we’ve hit the apex yet. And even then it could be cyclical. What I’ve heard so far is estimating about 80 planes April/May and assuming some recovery then 180 planes total in October.

That’s still 700 of us on the street I’m in the solid middle of that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back