AS application question-employment history

Correct.

There is dangling carrot “growth” plan but it’s just empty promises at this point.

Everything depends on the MAX. Not very reassuring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shrinking? No downgrades and layoffs so far. And now they are talks about extending the Airbus leases because they can’t afford to not grow because the MAX grounding seems to go on far too long. This isn’t shrinking. It’s redeploying a pilot base where the flying has shifted to.

O man. That blows. My dad’s friend was Virgin, upgraded then NYC closed, now a reserve CA in LAX, now that’s closing. Hope it all works out for everyone.

Shrinking? No downgrades and layoffs so far. And now they are talks about extending the Airbus leases because they can’t afford to not grow because the MAX grounding seems to go on far too long. This isn’t shrinking. It’s redeploying a pilot base where the flying has shifted to.

Not shrinking, no. Retreating? Definitely. Between this and the AA announcement last week, it’s clear they’re desperate to keep DL from going for the jugular in SEA.

Funny, not even a year ago the “plan” was to continue to focus on and grow California. Pretty clear that’s all but over with.

Oh, and the amendable date is quickly approaching and we aren’t even close on scope, scheduling, retirement, etc.

It is indeed about to get ugly.

Last edited:

Oh, Ok. I guess we’re not shrinking....

Had a video with head management dudes yesterday and chief pilot conference call today. Here are some updates:

- Company is gonna take the gov't bail out, so no furloughs until after Sept. 30th
- Cutting 70% of flights and parking 30 to 50 planes (60% 319/320, 40% Guppy). 235 total at the moment down to 180ish by Sept.
- Those 50 that are parked will prob be kept parked after Sept. and will have a fleet of 180ish going forward
- No early retirement deal to be offered, just 30-60-90 day unpaid leaves w/ medical paid
- Reduced flying lines being considered on top of some 50 hr pay/stay at home lines
- 12 pilots per airplane at the moment, will have a surplus of 600 pilots by end of Sept.
- Closing of LAX 320 base on hold
- 3 pilots have Corona Virus and are quarantined at home

Manager (ST) admitted that they were late to cancel flights initially and they're behind the curve. Were trying to cancel stuff just day prior but it snowballed so gonna axe stuff weeks out now and May going forward will be slashed big time.

Last edited:
There’s 50 planes parked at GSO alone. MX told me they will park everything but 75 aircraft remaining.

Why remain overstaffed by 600 at the end of Sept and not offer retirement?

Last edited:
75 and 180 are VERY different numbers. Are we believing Jim Bob’s word over the CP’s office?

I was working this morning but the number that came from the CP call today for Seattle was park all but 87 aircraft

I was working this morning but the number that came from the CP call today for Seattle was park all but 87 aircraft
Scott Day said on the LAX call at 10am that it would be a fleet of 180ish by Sept. (235 currently). Not sure why the discrepancy.

beec68e2ba936f86972c4420d2c8ec91.jpg

Well I dont know about the SEATAC coffee maker but the rest is the same as the LAX call, with the exception of your #2, so I dunno why he changed his number from 10am to 11am

Good luck with the smaller airline strategy, we already were a small stagnant airline before this started....
Most west coast....
Protect SEA.....
Let’s emerge from this smaller....
#winning

Back