Announcement......sorda!

mrivc211

wasn't sure if this type of thing qualifies but I am the new owner of a brand new home! Yup, my first ever! I took a huge risk, but I hope it pays off. It's a small one bedroom one bath located right next to John Wayne Airport. Perfect size for me! Ahhhh......the bachelor life for me!
grin.gif
bandit.gif

I just signed the papers today and I move-in in December! Yippee! NO MORE PARENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And to be quite honest I don't mind doing dishes, cleaning the house, or doing laundry. When its your own house, it feels different.

Now what I really want to live in is this new high rise apartment building their making adjacent to my condo. I've been prequalified for it, and will be putting a deposit on it next month!!!

Check this out......the ultimate bachelor pad in "The Real OC"
insane.gif

Party City

The only way I can move into this place is because it doesn't open for two years thus it gives me time to either build equity and value in my new home, or save for a nice downpayment.

[ QUOTE ]

And to be quite honest I don't mind doing dishes, cleaning the house, or doing laundry. When its your own house, it feels different.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who are you kidding? It feels no different.

In fact, I do those things less in my own house...no parents to force me...
grin.gif

Congrats!!

Awesome mate - Ed and I will be over for beers!!

Just some info - my summertime girlfriend father's company are the archeitects on that developement.

Tell me your secret. How can you afford it? Plus, don't you drive a BMW? I need to figure out what I'm doing wrong! With car payments, cell phone, insurance, crashpad, food, etc., I don't think a house is even close to a reality on FO pay for me!

[ QUOTE ]
my summertime girlfriend

[/ QUOTE ]

Iain, Iain, Iain........how do you do it buddy. C'mon.....pass the wealth!

[ QUOTE ]
Tell me your secret. How can you afford it? Plus, don't you drive a BMW? I need to figure out what I'm doing wrong! With car payments, cell phone, insurance, crashpad, food, etc., I don't think a house is even close to a reality on FO pay for me!

[/ QUOTE ]

Cough Cough..I deal drugs...cough cough
grin.gif
grin.gif

What? You think those overnights in Calexico/El Centro are for taking passengers? AHahhahahah!

Silly rabbit......tricks are for kids!
tongue.gif

YAY! Congratulations Omar!! having your own home is the bombdiggity!

so... when's the JC housewarming party?
wink.gif

Next to SNA? I hope you have cold beers for the JC layover team!

I know Omar's secret, and it deals with not relying on your sole source of income to come from an airline.

[ QUOTE ]
Next to SNA? I hope you have cold beers for the JC layover team!

I know Omar's secret, and it deals with not relying on your sole source of income to come from an airline.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen. If you rely on an airline(especially a regional but also majors) for your sole income you're setting yourself up.

Here is a USA Today article that speaks to this subject

http://www.usatoday.com/money/jobcenter/2004-10-21-career-side_x.htm

Jason

Omar - Congrats, man! I remember two feelings when my wife and I bought our first (and, so far, only) house...:

1. Astounding pride, and
2. Astounding buyers remorse.

grin.gif

It's a fantastic investment and I hope you live in it for many happy years!!

[/mush]

Seriously: CONGRATULATIONS!!

R2F

Back