AmeriFlight - Preliminary

JEP

Does It Really Matter....?
Staff member
********************************************************************************
** Report created 1/8/2010 Record 4 **
********************************************************************************

IDENTIFICATION
Regis#: 206AV Make/Model: BE99 Description: 99 Airliner
Date: 01/06/2010 Time: 1340

Event Type: Accident Highest Injury: None Mid Air: N Missing: N
Damage: Substantial

DESCRIPTION
N206AV BEECH C-99 AIRCRAFT OPERATED BY AMERIFLIGHT ON LANDING DAMAGED THE
WING AND PROP, KEARNEY, NE

INJURY DATA Total Fatal: 0
# Crew: 1 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:
# Pass: 0 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:
# Grnd: Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:

WEATHER: SPECI 061335Z 00000KT 1/2SM OVC002 M06/M07 A3003

OTHER DATA
Activity: Business Phase: Landing Operation: OTHER

FAA FSDO: LINCOLN, NE (CE09) Entry date: 01/07/2010

Sounds like pilot is ok, but some bent bent metal and prop.....

Hey, I've flown that plane. I think that was the one I hit an owl with on landing once (no damage).

Poor 206AV- this is the second time since I last flew it in 2006 that it has been bent up on landing. Must be cursed...
Wonder what the braking action was...

Something about that plane not wanting to land in Vernal after it was fixed the first time comes to memory.

Something about that plane not wanting to land in Vernal after it was fixed the first time comes to memory.

I don't blame it. What a miserable dump that place is... they used to have to send me there kicking and screaming. Although the guys who hung out and drank beer in the hangar every afternoon were pretty cool.

I don't blame it. What a miserable dump that place is... they used to have to send me there kicking and screaming. Although the guys who hung out and drank beer in the hangar every afternoon were pretty cool.

If I recall, there is a memo somewhere about that place!:D

If I recall, there is a memo somewhere about that place!:D

Nah is a note on the back of run sheet. "Don't drink with the FBO personal if offered alcohol". But I haven't been there in over a year maybe things have changed.

Just got the scoop on what happened on the crash we'll see something soon Im sure on the portal. BTW don't bother asking. Ask your ACP if you really need to know. Just be careful out there folks...that is one lucky pilot.

Hey, I've flown that plane. I think that was the one I hit an owl with on landing once (no damage).

Weird, I hit an owl in a BE99 about 3 months ago. Was on departure and caused extensive damage. It was the day after the guy hit the bird that went through the windshield too, so Burbank got pretty excited about it...

Back