Another Reason Pilot Pay is Low

Bitchjet will only save what's in the accumulator when you pull the brakes, which, as is pointed out above, you can't realistically do at any FBO in the known world because they're gonna wanna move you in case the Obamessiah shows up at 3 in the morning and they need to move you. So it's my fault if some line guy pulls the chocks lookin to move the plane and wanders off to play nintendo? Spare me. Everyone has all the answers until they actually do the job. Same as it ever was.

Ahhh, you might want to do a little research on Cable Airport. At the very least it's a chock yourself kind of place.
I've had chocks removed by the linemen and not replaced. In some instances they were my own chocks.

Anyway, I get pissed when they don't replaced the chock or merely half ass kick a single chock under the nose wheel. Even when on flat ground.

WRT the owner/operator thang; I only wish that a jet is flown by a professional. Being professional isn't about the pay. But low pay does seem to dictate the attitudes of many so-called "professional" pilots.

WRT the owner/operator thang; I only wish that a jet is flown by a professional. Being professional isn't about the pay.

Yea, I certainly didn't want to imply that an owner/operator wouldn't be as professional as someone who is doing it as their primary means of income.

I have a dozen students that went on to own everything from 182/Saratoga's to Conquest's...and I worked hard to instill that desire to treat being a pilot as a professional, just like in their chosen careers.

However, I have seen many owner/operators that are on the cocky/arrogant side that could care less what you say. True story, we had a doctor/surgeon based at the airport where I instructed...timed him one afternoon, 129 seconds from car door slamming to wheels off the ground. Didn't even both to remove the chocks...just firewall and go.

Those kind of true stories are more often than one would hope. That was my point. I think it moot how the guy gets his money, professional is as professional does.

If it were the flight crew who was responsible for this accident, I wonder if it was one of those times as they were driving away when they thought maybe they should have chocked. Safety should be a intuitive gut feeling.

True story, we had a doctor/surgeon based at the airport where I instructed...timed him one afternoon, 129 seconds from car door slamming to wheels off the ground. Didn't even both to remove the chocks...just firewall and go.

That's how you get it done! :rawk:

It'd be more manly if it was tied down and he didn't bother. Break those ropes holding you back! :yar:

If you want higher quality it's going to cost you more money.
That right there my friend is the crux of the whole matter.

It's what I used to tell my referral-based clients. Most didn't know what the heck quality really is and I'm talking high end residences. I doubt most employers do and even if they did they dang won't pay for it. Race to the bottom indeed.

Back