I'm having trouble with this accident.

fholbert

Mod's - Please don't edit my posts!
The pilot is flying the 112TC pictured below. He makes a couple of failed attempts to land. Then climbs to a safe altitude a bails out. Who the frick is wearing a parachute flying a 112?

100264017.ksR9K0jv.jpg

Story here http://www.thekathrynreport.com/2010/10/plane-tried-to-land-before-burke-crash.html

********************************************************************************
** Report created 10/22/2010 Record 5 **
********************************************************************************

IDENTIFICATION
Regis#: 1154J Make/Model: AC11 Description: 112 Commander 112
Date: 10/21/2010 Time: 2311

Event Type: Accident Highest Injury: None Mid Air: N Missing: N
Damage: Substantial

DESCRIPTION
AIRCRAFT CRASHED IN A REMOTE AREA AFTER ATTEMPTS TO LAND FAILED, THE 1
PERSON ON BOARD PARACHUTED OUT AND LANDED SAFELY, NEAR AUGUSTA, GA

INJURY DATA Total Fatal: 0
# Crew: 1 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:
# Pass: 0 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:
# Grnd: Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:

WEATHER: NOT REPORTED

OTHER DATA
Activity: Unknown Phase: Unknown Operation: OTHER

FAA FSDO: COLLEGE PARK, GA (SO11) Entry date: 10/22/2010

The description provided is pretty vague, there's probably a lot more to the story...
Why couldn't he land the plane?
Maybe he likes to skydive, has his own parachute and was on his way to make some jumps with some buddies?

That was a pretty airplane too.

Ah well, this should make for a good story.

"So there I was. MINDING my own business at 8000 feet, when suddenly...."

Maybe he was managing a hedge fund that lost a ton of money, and tried to fake his own death......

Oh nevermind, that story has already played out.

Maybe he was managing a hedge fund that lost a ton of money, and tried to fake his own death......

Oh nevermind, that story has already played out.

What a mess that night was. I was trying to get into PNS and we got vectored all over the place so they could move some F16s out of Edwards and Tyndall (I think) to get eyeballs on this guy. Ended up declaring min fuel.

What a mess that night was. I was trying to get into PNS and we got vectored all over the place so they could move some F16s out of Edwards and Tyndall (I think) to get eyeballs on this guy. Ended up declaring min fuel.

They were moving in F-16's from CA and FL to find a guy over GA? Makes no more sense than a guy flying a 112 wearing a parachute.

Sounds to me like he had the aircraft note too close to the insurance policy and they resulted in spontaneous combustion.

Sounds to me like he had the aircraft note too close to the insurance policy and they resulted in spontaneous combustion.

I agree, I bet google has a chached web site of that 112 for sale 6-9 mo ago. I also bet a look into the bank act would say that he was prob gonna have to give it back to the bank and take a big credit hit soon.

I'd like to know the weather of the time this happened. People saw him jump out it sounds like. Why did he have to go missed?

I wonder what type of "trouble" he had landing the airplane?

Unless, of course, that's just another specious article by a lazy reporter! ;)

Maybe that serial number is real hard to land...

National Transportation Safety Board records show this plane was in a different accident in Missouri in 2006. The plane was caught in crosswinds during a landing and ended up in a field. The accident involved different pilot and passenger; both were uninjured.

Back