Turbulence Ain't No Joke....

Is this pic for real? How is it still flying with no v-stab?
:eek:

yeah it is real. Not only did he keep it flying, he kept it flying for 6 hours while "they" discussed what to do. They eventually srambled a fighter to go check it out, and even a KC135 with a bunch of engineers in it to go see it in flight.

Yeah i don't get why people are in such a rush to take their seatbelts off, its not like its causeing any discomfort and it could help you from licking the over head bin if you hit some turb. if you have to sit in the seat doesn't make any difference if your belt is on or off so keep it on.

b-b-b-b-b-but my little snowflake is SPECIAL! :rolleyes:

Almost as special as his parents -- and when I say special there, I mean special as in riding the short bus. :cool:

How many times have you been tempted to say, sir, get off the plane.

Why?

Because you're too bleeping stupid to fly.

True story from my travels in Alaska.

Guy's standing at the desk for an airline, looking for someone to help him. There's a big sign that says ring bell for service.

"How come nobody's around? I need some help. Hey, do you know how you get someone to help you?"

"I'll bet you if you ring the bell like it says on that big sign, someone will come out and help you."

"What sign?"

"The big one right in front of you."

"Oh."

I think that had a deal with an improperly repaired aft pressure bulkhead, if I remember right, as the main culprit in that one.

We did have a guy, who in a past company, hit severe out of ANC and lost a motor and some parts of the wing.

He landed....the feat could not be duplicated in the sim....

That was when the motor fell off the evergreen bird and landed in this guys garden about 5 minutes after the guy finished weeding it.

I once pissed off a passenger on the way into Tokyo. We were landing, had the seatbelt online because the cap said there was going to be turbulance, and about 2 or 3 minutes before touchdown a little kid is walking up the isle. I was sitting on the isle, and the seat accross from me was open so I told the kid to sit down. He didn't want to, but I said he needed to have his seatbelt on. So, get this, the parent got out of their seat and walked back to me to ask why I told her kid to sit down. I said "are you kidding!? Go sit down!" At this point the FA saw what was going on and made an announcement to the lady to sit down. Well she sat in an empty seat without her seatbelt on while we landed, made some comments about what a "dumbass" I am for telling her to sit down when it is "perfectly safe" to walk around an airplane. After landing the FA went up and told the lady that she violated FARs and handed her a stack of papers to read through. Me being the pissed off guy I am when I see really dumb people made some comment, like "so do you usually let your kid walk around a tube going 200 miles per hour 1000 feet above the ground?" I can't stand dumb people. They should not be allowed to fly IMO. End of story.

Air Jamaince doesn't operate 737's but I believe they charter a 737 operator to do some of it's flights, and like North American, they use the "Jamiaca" callsign. I haven't heard of this incident elsewhere though, and searching the NTSB database did not yield any 121 incidents on that day. Was it reported elsewhere?

Air Jamaince doesn't operate 737's but I believe they charter a 737 operator to do some of it's flights, and like North American, they use the "Jamiaca" callsign. I haven't heard of this incident elsewhere though, and searching the NTSB database did not yield any 121 incidents on that day. Was it reported elsewhere?

Jamaica! Spell Check is your friend!;):)

The closest Air Jamaica is to 737's is the agreements that Air J has with Cayman Airways regarding flight numbers, kinda like how Virgin flies 744's with Air J flight numbers. I forget what those kind of agreements are called, its stuck in my head right now...:D:confused:

Jamaica! Spell Check is your friend!;):)

The closest Air Jamaica is to 737's is the agreements that Air J has with Cayman Airways regarding flight numbers, kinda like how Virgin flies 744's with Air J flight numbers. I forget what those kind of agreements are called, its stuck in my head right now...:D:confused:

Codeshare? ;)

The bottom line is people raised in the "politically correct" late 60's and 70's were never disciplined as children. Now that they have children, they don't know how to parent.

Kids want limits. They alway push the edge of the envelope to see what they can get away with. If you don't rein them in, the become the little monsters Qgar and her fellow F/As have to deal with in the tube.

But that's the legacy of the "don't spank them" and "can't hurt their self-esteem" school of child rearing.

The bottom line is people raised in the "politically correct" late 60's and 70's were never disciplined as children. Now that they have children, they don't know how to parent.

You're saying my parents never disciplined me?

I beg to differ.

That's an awfully broad generalization you've made there......

Sorry, but your dateline is vastly inaccurate. As a product of the 60s-70s, I can tell you first hand that boundaries and spankings were still very much alive. Even the school systems were allowed to spank students (I wish they would start again too). Political Correctness, as a term and in practice, didn't become mainstream until the 90s.

But that's the legacy of the "don't spank them" and "can't hurt their self-esteem" school of child rearing.
You can thank the Liberals and tree huggers for that. The "self entitlement" generation of 90s is the cause of the current issue. You are right kids (and adults) need boundaries. Unfortunately, the pacifists have made it a right to misbehave and are afraid to "limit" their children.

Need any evidence:
How has school violence changed since spankings were removed from schools (and homes)?

How has behavior improved since the prayer was outlawed in schools?

Have children broadened their minds with their newfound "rights?"

We never had school violence beyond fist fights and never had gangs in schools.

Removing the Pledge of Allegiance from schools was another disgrace.

PS....Airlining to work a few weeks ago, a lady had her "lap child" standing in her lap (bouncing) while the kid had is hands on the headrest in front of him. Problem? WE WERE INSIDE THE FAF with the gear down. You should have seen her face when I yelled at her to "sit that kid down, NOW!" But she did it.

Like the man says....You can't fix STUPID.

Sorry, but your dateline is vastly inaccurate. As a product of the 60s-70s, I can tell you first hand that boundaries and spankings were still very much alive. Even the school systems were allowed to spank students (I wish they would start again too). Political Correctness, as a term and in practice, didn't become mainstream until the 90s.

You can thank the Liberals and tree huggers for that. The "self entitlement" generation of 90s is the cause of the current issue. You are right kids (and adults) need boundaries. Unfortunately, the pacifists have made it a right to misbehave and are afraid to "limit" their children.

Need any evidence:
How has school violence changed since spankings were removed from schools (and homes)?

How has behavior improved since the prayer was outlawed in schools?

Have children broadened their minds with their newfound "rights?"

We never had school violence beyond fist fights and never had gangs in schools.

Removing the Pledge of Allegiance from schools was another disgrace.

PS....Airlining to work a few weeks ago, a lady had her "lap child" standing in her lap (bouncing) while the kid had is hands on the headrest in front of him. Problem? WE WERE INSIDE THE FAF with the gear down. You should have seen her face when I yelled at her to "sit that kid down, NOW!" But she did it.

Like the man says....You can't fix STUPID.

AMEN!!!! Bless your heart! ;) I'm glad you did that, sometimes FA's need reinforcement to back them up.

BTW, I've had a few NetJets guys jumpseating recently--and they are the nicest gentlemen. You do your company proud! :rawk:

Back