I'm having trouble with this accident.

I'd like to know the weather of the time this happened. People saw him jump out it sounds like. Why did he have to go missed?

That's what I was wondering. The FAA report says he made more than one attempt to land before bailing out. Witnesses at different locations saw him descending under chute so it doesn't sound like it was IMC. Even in a really bad crosswind there are several other options before I'd choose bailing out. Crosswind runways were available.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 58
Newby, no instrument rating.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BARRINGTON CARL SLACK

Certificates
1 of 1

DOI:1/26/2010 Certificate:PRIVATE PILOT
Rating(s):
PRIVATE PILOT
AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE LAND

According to a poster on another forum, he heard the ATC communications and the pilot said he had lost all elevator control and was using power to manage pitch/altitude.

If you're under a canape you are no longer exercising your privileges as a pilot.

A canapé is a small, prepared and usually decorative food, held in the fingers and often eaten in one bite.

The term Canopy is used by skydivers or parachutists to describe the actual parachute itself, as opposed to the parachute system as a whole.

If your under a canape, you're no longer exercising the privileges of your man-card.

A canapé is a small, prepared and usually decorative food, held in the fingers and often eaten in one bite.

The term Canopy is used by skydivers or parachutists to describe the actual parachute itself, as opposed to the parachute system as a whole.

If your under a canape, you're no longer exercising the privileges of your man-card.

:D :D :D

Funniest post I've seen in a while.

Ahhhh, mystery solved.

Thats exactly what I would have said to tower before ditching the plane to bail on the note...

Um... somethings not working, and there prob, won't be any evidence in the post crash investigation... as at least some of the systems will be damaged in the impact.

I mean, really who brings a chute in a 112? and for that matter have you ever tried to push one of those doors open in flight?

It isn't gonna be easy without a working autopilot.

I'll go further to say, if he was in the habbit of bringing a chute along, I hope he had one for every pax involved

Back