Another Reason Pilot Pay is Low

chalk_outline_2.jpg

Like this? You know...gotta know where the airplane was sitting before it rolled away after pulling the chocks.

Your two kind. Apparently my tiredness effects my how I write. Normally it isn't a problem accept when the grammar checker isn't on I guess. And don't get me started on capitolization I don't know if I could bare it and I may just loose it. And trust me their is no way you want to see that happen.

Your two kind. Apparently my tiredness effects my how I write. Normally it isn't a problem accept when the grammar checker isn't on I guess. And don't get me started on capitolization I don't know if I could bare it and I may just loose it. And trust me their is no way you want to see that happen.

I see what you did their.

Just out of curiosity, have you ever taken a jet into an FBO?

They're adamant about reminding you to NOT set the brakes. This is so they can move the airplane if needed.

I don't see how the damage to the airplane in question is directly the "fault" of the pilots, given the small amount of information provided in your quote.

. . .and the correlation to low pay is a stretch as well. Hypothetically speaking, had it been a 6 digit salaried minority pilot, someone probably would have made a case against affirmative action. :sarcasm:

I'm confused about the argument.

Because they can't take care of a multi-million dollar piece of equipment in their charge?

i still dont see how this is the "reason" for low pilot pay.

In fact, after spending a lot of time at CCB, I have seen countless aircraft roll down the ramp there. Its not at all uncommon and has nothing to do with professionalism or pay lol, could happen to anyone if theyre not paying attention.

Too bad it totaled Gobash #1 :(

The only way this thread could be any better is if we talk about GoJet being a bunch of scabs or how low time pilots suck.

Awsome thread!:confused:

Because they can't take care of a multi-million dollar piece of equipment in their charge?

Are you trying to pis people off here? Do you know how much some of us pay for an education an all of our licenses and rating for our dream of flying for the airlines one day?

Not only that but I am flying around with your wife and kids, and your parents, and good friends on the back of my airplane. Do you want someone who is $20,000 a year pilot material, of course not! So pay us what we deserve. If you don't want us tired in the cockpit, give us more than 8 hours between our release time, 10 minutes after parking at the gate, and our show time, an hour before the flight the next morning. We all know that means really only getting 5 hours of sleep if we're lucky.

Please don't make gross generalizations about pilots, especially the low paid regional pilots like so many of us on here. Doing that is a way to make enemies fast man, and no one wants that.

Are you trying to pis people off here? Do you know how much some of us pay for an education an all of our licenses and rating for our dream of flying for the airlines one day?

Not only that but I am flying around with your wife and kids, and your parents, and good friends on the back of my airplane. Do you want someone who is $20,000 a year pilot material, of course not! So pay us what we deserve. If you don't want us tired in the cockpit, give us more than 8 hours between our release time, 10 minutes after parking at the gate, and our show time, an hour before the flight the next morning. We all know that means really only getting 5 hours of sleep if we're lucky.

Please don't make gross generalizations about pilots, especially the low paid regional pilots like so many of us on here. Doing that is a way to make enemies fast man, and no one wants that.

Pretty sure he's aware of all of that...but unfortunately it has nothing to do with the topic of his post.

What he's really saying in his post is, "how can pilots be expected to be paid as professionals when they act like clowns by making stupid mistakes?"

What he's really saying in his post is, "how can pilots be expected to be paid as professionals when they act like clowns by making stupid mistakes?"

Another idea would be to advertise a reasonable salary and hire from the top ranks. Advertise crappy pay and that top tier overlooks the job posting.

I just had this discussion with my boss last night and he said it wasn't something he had ever considered. Thankfully for him, he didn't end up with 4 pilots that couldn't fly their way out of a wet paper bag, but he very well could have.

I see what you did their.

I see whut you done they're

I partooken in the internetz funnies.

Ahhhh my head is spinning :insane:

Thank you.

I'm pretty shocked at some of the things said here. Seems like many pilots forget their only job is to take care of the airplane in one form or the other. The aircraft is your lively hood and damaging it is simply crapping in your own food then eating around it.

My professional pilot friend sits left seat on a 747 for a major air carrier. Worked his way up from CFI to a 737 1st officer before the 747. He says if you scratch a plane you're fired. Says even on a push back he's responsible. His company has never lost a airframe or a pax so they are doing something right.

I don't care if it's a company owned laptop, car or aircraft. If you don't take care of it your pay will reflect your lack of attention to detail.

This was my favorite.

In fact, after spending a lot of time at CCB, I have seen countless aircraft roll down the ramp there. Its not at all uncommon and has nothing to do with professionalism or pay lol, could happen to anyone if theyre not paying attention.

Thank you.

I'm pretty shocked at some of the things said here. Seems like many pilots forget their only job is to take care of the airplane in one form or the other. The aircraft is your lively hood and damaging it is simply crapping in your own food.

My professional pilot friend sits left seat on a 747 for a major air carrier. Worked his way up from CFI to a 737 1st officer before the 747. He says if you scratch a plane you're fired. Says even on a push back he's responsible. His company has never lost a airframe or a pax so they are doing something right.

This was my favorite.

I'll ask again...do we know for a fact that this airplane is flown by a professional pilot?

Or is it flown by someone who owns and operates it? If it's an owner/operator...then he can do whatever the hell he wants with it...it's his plane.

If something happens to my company's airplane...say I forget to chock it and it rolls down a hill and hits something, my fault, I own up to it and we go from there.

If I leave it in the care of the FBO, they don't chock it and it hits something or gets hit by something on the ramp...I'm going to hold them responsible.

If I see an owner get out of his Mustang and not chock his plane...I'll say "Hey buddy, might want to chock that...dangerous ramp and I don't want your plane to get damaged". If he says piss off, oh well, he gets a damaged airplane.

For this discussion to even hold water, we have to know for a fact that the airplane was being flown professionally at the time it was damaged.

Back