Alaska Hawaiian Merger?

It's:

-Longevity. Which is date of hire minus any types leaves that the merger committees agree to count against your DOH.

I have a couple concerns about this one. First being that, as our MEC already outlined, involuntary furlough might be one of the things they subtract for. Obviously nobody knows exactly how this could play out, but that specifically seems like burning someone a second time. And on a more personally related note, I wonder how they will look at military leave. Would be kind of a bummer to drop seniority at my own shop based on this, regardless of where it puts HAL folks. Haven't heard anyone mention this, but it is a question I have.

I have a couple concerns about this one. First being that, as our MEC already outlined, involuntary furlough might be one of the things they subtract for. Obviously nobody knows exactly how this could play out, but that specifically seems like burning someone a second time. And on a more personally related note, I wonder how they will look at military leave. Would be kind of a bummer to drop seniority at my own shop based on this, regardless of where it puts HAL folks. Haven't heard anyone mention this, but it is a question I have.

You should send a DART through the ALPA page. I’m sure you’re not the only one with that question.

Furlough IS one of the things that reduces longevity.

I am wondering if those who took EIL during COVID will see reduced longevity as well.

That sounds like a rough commute.

We have guys commuting from Asia, Australia, and Northern Maine. If you are senior enough you can stack four, 22.5 hour, three day trips together with one 30 hour rest period in the middle and get 90 hours of credit in 13 days.

And on a more personally related note, I wonder how they will look at military leave.

Mil leave isn't counted against longevity. USERRA wouldn't allow it.

Naw because it wasnt a leave or furlough, just a no flying line

We furloughed a bunch of guys at the end of 2020. But because the government basically paid their salary and they came right back to work, they were deemed not to have really been furloughed, and they never had their DOH adjusted.

Like your EILs, our enhanced surfer leaves won't count against longevity because the pilot was considered active just with no flying.

Virtually none of my FOs has said that WB flying is a draw, I also dont really believe them if it pays more. Personally I'd love to do some international WB stuff at some point in my career. But I was acquired, not hired, so my perspective is not eskimo centric as I never even applied to them.
that’s what everyone says initially, because they don’t know when/if they can, what it’s going to look like etc. As soon as the opportunity presents itself, most other factors being equal, most will take the opportunity. Especially those who had accepted that it wasn’t going to be an option for them.

I suspect our resident virtual pilot will end up with a WB type.

that’s what everyone says initially, because they don’t know when/if they can, what it’s going to look like etc. As soon as the opportunity presents itself, most other factors being equal, most will take the opportunity. Especially those who had accepted that it wasn’t going to be an option for them.

I suspect our resident virtual pilot will end up with a WB type.

It's pretty hard to turn down the pay, days off, and good overnights until you've at least tried and decided it's not for you.

You can't lose seniority at your own shop as a result of the SLI. Meaning, you won't drop below where you are on our own list. So whoever you are senior to now at AS, you will still be senior to them once the SLI is done.

You can't lose seniority at your own shop as a result of the SLI. Meaning, you won't drop below where you are on our own list. So whoever you are senior to now at AS, you will still be senior to them once the SLI is done.
Correct. ALPA merger requires this, and it will be followed. It also means that people concerned about if they are a captain or on a certain fleet at the merger date need not worry, because they will still be in the same order after an SLI, just with pilots from the other list mixed in.

It also means that people concerned about if they are a captain or on a certain fleet at the merger date need not worry, because they will still be in the same order after an SLI, just with pilots from the other list mixed in.

The realistic concern is that if you don't get to a seat you want prior to the sli going into effect, you suddenly may not be able to hold it. There's some time still before people need to worry about that though.

The realistic concern is that if you don't get to a seat you want prior to the sli going into effect, you suddenly may not be able to hold it. There's some time still before people need to worry about that though.

Duck,

I’m still deciding how I want to eat you for the SLI.

Roasted? I’m leaning towards Peking…

;)

I'm amused (and most definitely not surprised) after riding around the system the past month how many people STILL have no clue how a merger works when it comes to the SLI. Apparently, they didn't bother to pay any attention the first time around and learned absolutely nothing about the process. I keep hearing some absolute nonsense expectations, and it definitely gives me the chuckles.

I'm amused (and most definitely not surprised) after riding around the system the past month how many people STILL have no clue how a merger works when it comes to the SLI. Apparently, they didn't bother to pay any attention the first time around and learned absolutely nothing about the process. I keep hearing some absolute nonsense expectations, and it definitely gives me the chuckles.
If only there was a subscribable resource available that pilots could download and listen to where people who actually do know what they’re talking about would outline the process and give people realistic expectations.

Back