Alaska Hawaiian Merger?

HA shareholders vote in February or March. Then DOJ has to decide if they want to get involved or not. If they don't, then the merger will actually close, and Hawaiian will cease to exist beyond branding. Probably 12 to 18 months from now.

Once that's resolved, there is a joint collective bargaining process that hopefully will be pretty straight forward, and then an SLI process that probably won't be very straight forward and will be decided by an arbitrator. Finally, DOT/FAA will allow single certificate operations.

It's going to be interesting to see which certificate survives. The AS one has all the random Alaska op specs and waivers. The Hawaiian one has anywhere in the world operation allowances plus two widebody programs attached to it.
Why wouldn’t the FAA also merge the OpsSpecs/121 certificates? The combined airline will need all of it.

Brickyard, Mercury, and Chautauqua were all the same company and seniority list

But separate certificates for each operation. That's how they got around the scope clause.

Why wouldn’t the FAA also merge the OpsSpecs/121 certificates? The combined airline will need all of it.

Because I don't think you can merge two certificates together. And you certainly can't merge opspecs, as they are issued specific to the fleet/operations of the airline applying for them.

In the end, they will basically be "merged" but they will have to all be on one of the certificates.

LOL

At a virtual airline in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002, we love the New York base, we love the Airbus, and we look forward to continuing both and growing.

The 717s are owned, a known quantity, and probably the most well-oiled component of HAL in terms of their flying. I bet they stick around for 5 years absolutely.

The usual twatwaffles on APC were up on the mountain tops screaming to staple HAL and saying words like windfall and lottery, within hours of the announcement. The key to happiness is to relax and let the process happen, because it is gonna happen no matter how much we moan on forums, the MB, or in the crew rooms...

How much do they cost compared to the sweetheart deal we get from Boeing and what is the operating costs? Not being snarky, I’d love to see E2s in ANC too (on mainline obviously), as the 175s bump bags and nonrevs ALL THE TIME.
Wait, what? Not SkyWest 175s we don't.

I'm 45 now. When I'm 50 there could be some impact. Positive or negative to my seniority. Doesn't seem very high on the list of things to get excited about.

I don't see much impact for you from what you are doing today. Your portion of the world is going from a fleet that is 100% NB doing a mix of short and medium haul flying, to a combined fleet that is going to be about 85% NB and 15% WB doing mostly (by percentage) a mix of short ad medium haul flying, with a small amount of long haul flying on the WB. That's going to give plenty of room for you to keep doing what you are doing today.

Back