Aging Parents

J.Tiller

Hey all, I already have an account on here but wanted some privacy for this issue, thats why there's a new name.

I'm 25, working for a regional airline and living at home with my father. He's aging and has some mobility problems due to pain, which seem to have gotten a lot worse in the last couple weeks. His overall attitude went from chipper to very down and slow. He is having some other health issues as well, he can still care for himself when I'm gone on trips, but I'm not sure how much longer. Though he says he wants me to continue flying no matter what and not miss flying for his sake.

Other issue is I feel I need to move out of the house soon, but I know this will upset him. I want to keep him happy and be well, but I'd like my own life also. Is it appropriate to bring up wanting to move out? How would you all react?

I have a similar situation with my widow mother.

Can you find a space close to your father?

winner winner chicken dinner bro. Its hard, believe me, I know. Watching an elderly parent decline can be great torment. Rest assured, at the end of the day, its not your fault, and you do honor to your parent by being close. I am hoping for the best outcome for you. Cheers.

I have some experience with this parenting decision. From the limited information Here, I cannot offer specifics. My experience was between 1991 and 2011 (20 years). Drop me a PM for more assistance.

Back