After cargo???

No sympathies here, I did the Chinese student gig also, just be happy you have a solid gig.

So how much better is it flying purple boxes over brown?

From what I have hear FedEx is the better of the two but that is just what I hear throught the grape vine

FedEx is an airline with Trucks

UPS is an trucking company with airplanes...

But in the end is is mostly likely what the pilot makes it it be. Both pilot groups are compensated pretty good.

I'm talking more about the feeder life, I've heard QoL for purple is 100 times better, just curious from someone who did it.

I can't imagine that managment at fedex could conceivably be half as incompetent (leavened with a healthy dose of unpleasant...for flavor).

I can't imagine that managment at fedex could conceivably be half as incompetent (leavened with a healthy dose of unpleasant...for flavor).

Two things, I was mistaken as a line guy again, and also taxied around KSDF like an idiot because UPS decided to send me there direct last minute. Figured you'd be proud.

Two things, I was mistaken as a line guy again, and also taxied around KSDF like an idiot because UPS decided to send me there direct last minute. Figured you'd be proud.

Hee. If you and I ever actually drink together rather than eat cold spaghetti because you're "driving and can't drink", remind me to tell you about the time UPS sent me to pick up some sooper-important cargo in the Ville and how long it took me to even get on the damn ramp. The fact that that company still makes money is proof positive that our system is screwed.

My quality of life is much better flying purple than brown boxes. I have a latter show time and get home earlier. But it's frustrating knowing the 208 pilot next to me is pulling 75K and I'm low 40K in the hondo

My quality of life is much better flying purple than brown boxes. I have a latter show time and get home earlier. But it's frustrating knowing the 208 pilot next to me is pulling 75K and I'm low 40K in the hondo
3 cheers for the 208!

135 pax->121->135 cargo->121pax.

I treated "the Ville" like it was O'Hare. I seemed to manage to find Ramp 5. The marshaller did give me crap for taxiing too fast. I told her I wasn't paid by the hour like her.

really? We have an entire base of either 121 or flight instructor backgrounds. I don't know how we ever get off the ground?

:rolleyes:. I don't agree but I just had my second interview where the Chief Pilot says he does not call back 121 pilots anymore. I think each group gets its fair share of lemons. I'm sure my last employer would tell you I was a lemon and that was 135. Crazy me trying to go back to 135 because I really liked the type of flying.

:rolleyes:. I don't agree but I just had my second interview where the Chief Pilot says he does not call back 121 pilots anymore. I think each group gets its fair share of lemons. I'm sure my last employer would tell you I was a lemon and that was 135. Crazy me trying to go back to 135 because I really liked the type of flying.
some 135 outfits don't like 121 guys because 121 folks tend to follow regulations, ie no 24 hour on call

135 CPs seem to be more company men than true leaders for their pilot group.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?qyaxss

135 cargo ---> 135 cargo ----> 135 floats. I'm just counting the hours till i can fly barefoot in the maldeves.

some 135 outfits don't like 121 guys because 121 folks tend to follow regulations, ie no 24 hour on call

135 CPs seem to be more company men than true leaders for their pilot group.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?qyaxss

The reason I was given, because I asked, was that they both had issues with 121 pilots that had lost some of their hand flying skills and were too reliant on automation. Again I can't believe that is the majority.

The reason I was given, because I asked, was that they both had issues with 121 pilots that had lost some of their hand flying skills and were too reliant on automation. Again I can't believe that is the majority.

There are definitely some factors to consider. If it was a 250 hour wonder I actually wouldn't be surprised. I know my employer has said they are touchy about hiring 121 regional guys that haven't had any PIC since their training ended. Automation reliance can degrade skills, especially if you never put the time in to build them up in the first place.

I'm currently at Flight Express. Decent pay flying C210 and Baron. It's a dead end for the long term though, so I'm looking for something else at the moment. This was more of a "get a foot in the part 135 world" with my low multi-time. At the moment I'm thinking of sticking with cargo at the moment. Given my past two jobs, I can't stomach the thought of making a 1/3rd of what I've made in the past by going to a regional. I'd throw out the notion of going straight to a major. That was kind of my original strategy. Find a place that had metros or 1900s, get a bunch of TPIC and skip the regional drama. That doesn't seem very common anymore. From what I can tell, they want Jet/Glass/multi-crew. The jet and multi-crew I can KIND OF see, but that's seems more of a learning/personality issue rather than an experience one. The glass requirement seems like non-sense, that's easier! Whatever, that's what they want, can't get worked up about it.

From talking to various Ameriflighters while sitting around the FBO, most seem to be jumping ship to the 121 regional world. These guys are in the 99s and 3 are eligible to move to the metro. Seems silly to go to the regionals at that point as they're on the verge of flying the monster and being pretty marketable for those cush air ambulance/corporate jobs.

Bottom line, think about where you want to go long term. If 121 major is your goal, regionals are probably your best choice, and if that's where you want to go, seniority is everything. So go there NOW. Like yesterday! heheh If corporate/135 is your goal, do cargo. It comes down to networking mainly. Cargo guys have a hard time networking with the 121 world and vice-versa. I still don't know, so I'm going to go where the money is.

Think about this too, the more money you save in your 20s, the better off you are later on even if you don't get to that 150k+/year job. The guy that goes the regional route and makes it to that 150k/year job at a major will still make less money in their career than a cargo guy that went corporate. I know, money isn't everything, but I know far too many people that are enamored by that pay scale on airlinepilotcentral, blocking out all the other opportunities in aviation that pay A LOT more starting out. Just something else to consider.

you're taking me too seriously, seriously.
A persons background has little to with ability. A persons attitude has the most to do.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?jy5qur

Back