After cargo???

A persons background has little to with ability. A persons attitude has the most to do.

It has something to do with it. Because if it indeed had little to do with it, then no one should complain about 250 hour wonders going to the airlines, so long as they have a good attitude.

Dc8 automation was pretty advanced. Even had voice activated auto throttles.

In some of the later versions, Im sure. Too bad those -73s aren't around anymore. They were neat birds. Got a number of them parked at MZJ here, baking away.

I personally don't think there has been a large enough sample of major airline hiring to really know how Part 135 guys will factor in. As far as we know they may prefer the part 135 guys that went to a regional. All I know is that I am likely not leaving cargo till I hit 1000TPIC.

Dc8 automation was pretty advanced. Even had voice activated auto throttles.

Dugie, I know, I just had to comment...Some of us are happy if the GPS finds the satellite and we can go direct instead of /A...

Yes, my 727 is voice activated too. The throttles, all CB's, overhead panel, FE's station are all voice activated too.

Have to loving having an FE. Plus there is alway once guy to settle any arguments.

I personally don't think there has been a large enough sample of major airline hiring to really know how Part 135 guys will factor in. As far as we know they may prefer the part 135 guys that went to a regional. All I know is that I am likely not leaving cargo till I hit 1000TPIC.

Hahahaha, nice job condensing my drivel! If you look at the numbers, there may very well be a staffing problem big enough in all sectors to where it will be a pilots market. I've noticed most of the part 91/135 charter operators are turning quite grey as well. Hey, I can hope and dream right!? :D

If there is a pilot shortgage coming up I haven't seen it. I just saw a job posting for Lear 20/30 PIC. The requirements were 6000 TT and 4000 PIC, TYPE RATING, and Degree preferred....

If there is a pilot shortgage coming up I haven't seen it. I just saw a job posting for Lear 20/30 PIC. The requirements were 6000 TT and 4000 PIC, TYPE RATING, and Degree preferred....

Open your eyes man! It's coming! Didn't you see that Republic just upped 1st year FO pay to a whopping $27k per year?!?!? :D

You're just a bunch of naysayers trying to keep kids out of the business because it uh. Benefits you to do so. Somehow. Yeah.

Back