AA high speed aborted takeoff at DCA, near miss 5/29/24

Shut up! They can dock to a jet!?!?

Kind of an old picture... but yes.

IMG_2312-e1419795441269.jpg

The crawlers are going to be a problem because supposedly they can’t get parts for them anymore.

Fun fact: the ones with the masts on top have the screw jack assemblies to dock with airplanes. The ones that don’t have masts, can’t - they just shuttle people between terminals.

They elected not to make it 737 compatible because at the time the guppy was so aged and obsolete they figured it would go away soon
It was just a crappy regional jet for those dirty Appalachia and intra Texas routes. Dont wanna get the Mobile Lounge carpet dirty with that unwashed clientele!

Have ridden the IAD shuttles a lot of late. What angers me is when you're driving past the row of international widebodies and everyone is looking down at their phone. Losers.

Great point. Last time I was at IAD, or actually I think it was JFK, me and the older FAs oogled at a pax Lufthansa 747 strolling by. People should really appreciate these moments before they are forever gone. The young FAs were of course on their phones.

Have ridden the IAD shuttles a lot of late. What angers me is when you're driving past the row of international widebodies and everyone is looking down at their phone. Losers.

Great point. Last time I was at IAD, or actually I think it was JFK, me and the older FAs oogled at a pax Lufthansa 747 strolling by. People should really appreciate these moments before they are forever gone. The young FAs were of course on their phones.

Sheesh…..you all act like you were driving past a flightline of F-105 Thuds or F-8 Crusaders. 😆

J/k……I know what you mean. It’s like how plane spotting at airports back in the 80s/90s used to have such a variety of airliner types, jets to props. Now, it’s the same few types, regional or mainline.

Sheesh…..you all act like you were driving past a flightline of F-105 Thuds or F-8 Crusaders. 😆

J/k……I know what you mean. It’s like how plane spotting at airports back in the 80s/90s used to have such a variety of airliner types, jets to props. Now, it’s the same few types, regional or mainline.

haha I wish. I'll say that the biggest surprise of my life was that both the Thud and the Crusader were flying operationally (at least in the Guard/Reserves) in my lifetime. Which signifies a big regret......dont think I ever saw either one fly. Talk about the coolest jets to ever move under their own power.

Back