Spoiler alert, Allegiant is under the microscope.

I hope so.

In the same way that people were afraid to fly DC-10s post Chicago/1979. That was the fault of both the NTSB chairman's idiotic comments in a news conference, and the news running away with it. DC-10s, due to the scrutiny, were one of probably one of the safest planes to fly at that point, with regards to the airline fleet.

I too hope the same will apply here.

Pilot salaries low, mx practices low, profits for the top are super high. This is a culture that will not change...

I don't think so, if only because of the heightened scrutiny now.
The FAA scrutiny isn't going to change management's culture, which is what is actually at the core of the problem. Heightened scrutiny, so they check 1 in 1000 flights instead of 1 in 10,000?

I think there was a little more to @Eagle421flyer leaving Allegiant than safety concerns... little things like money, schedule, retirement, QOL, company culture, etc....

Actually financial I would have been better off staying at Allegiant for a while until the pay scales where I am now caught up to Allegiant pay. I would have gotten paid more (at least for a few years) and I would have been a CA there by now. The two main things that made me leave were safety/maintenance and the health insurance. Everything else would have been secondary, but those were the two things I could not over look.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
:confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2:

Same guys who about ran one out of gas?

I don't believe so? Unless the two pictured are the VP of ops and the director of flightsafety? I wouldn't know... but I find it interesting the CP is doing a meet n' greet, considering all of the flack he's taken lately..

Back