AA Dispatcher June 2023

meaning they will be hiring less than 30 of the 200+ interviewed?

Most likely but always subject to change, a smaller class of 15 or so. Mostly likely to be heavily comprised of experienced dispatchers especially with DECS experience. Inexperienced new hires take a lot longer to get upgraded domestically. Flightkeys roll out makes training new hires difficult when regular dispatchers are in training for the new system. Smaller classes likely after the initial one depending on training time and Flightkeys.

It is important to note that this will be the first new hire class since the contract extension was agreed to in January. New hire class will be a 5 on, 2 off schedule.

meaning they will be hiring less than 30 of the 200+ interviewed?
I don’t think that’s what he was saying. He told us 1/3 hire 1/3 pool and 1/3 thanks for coming. I think he means that classes may be 10-15 each. So more classes versus two with 30 each in them.

Just got some intel on this. AA is hiring a total of 26, and they will be split between two classes. Half starting in September and half in November. This means these classes will be much smaller than the recent AA classes, and we have a bit of a departure from recent classes and now they are going back to classes similar to what was in place prior to the merger.

26 is a lot less than it sounded like. any idea how many internal/external? guessing all offers have been made?

Here was my experience last year. When I interviewed at AA they told us they were unsure how many they were hiring but made it sound around 20, no more than 30 and only one class. But then they surprised everyone with two classes of 30, totaling 60. I also knew people were called and made offers a couple weeks before I heard mine. So I assumed I wasn’t selected, but then came the call.

You just never know. They yo-yo or change their minds often. So far I’ve heard we were only hiring 15-20, then it turned into 60, now this thread is saying 26, but heard approved for 30 by word of mouth. Two classes again for sure. I know it’s hard, but just be patient. They could very well still change their minds or adjust numbers again. And just because some calls have gone out does not mean all calls have. It takes time. Also if people back out or decline, which does happen, that can open more slots as well. Hang tight, nothing is done or completely set in stone yet.

26? Weird that they couldn’t pick 4 more to make it 30. Was there a big gap between the ones that got selected and the ones that didn’t?

26? Weird that they couldn’t pick 4 more to make it 30. Was there a big gap between the ones that got selected and the ones that didn’t?

i mean 4 of them is almost a $400k decision upfront.. With all that its costing to run this place i could see why

i mean 4 of them is almost a $400k decision upfront.. With all that its costing to run this place i could see why

Money is definitely a factor. However I believe training times and flightkeys has more to do with the number hired. They cant have too many people in OJT during domestic roll out. Given past classes, several hired in September and October could easily be in OJT still in October 2024. Smaller classes mean fewer in training.

Money is definitely a factor. However I believe training times and flightkeys has more to do with the number hired. They cant have too many people in OJT during domestic roll out. Given past classes, several hired in September and October could easily be in OJT still in October 2024. Smaller classes mean fewer in training.

$OPT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For sure a class in September and class in November. Calls might only be going out for September at the moment, and they may not be done. They may not have even touched November yet. It took a month last year for me to hear anything. But there has been no official email sent out with new hire names yet.

I am wondering if they do cut it down from 60 to 26, if there won’t be a third or even fourth class perhaps in January or March. Maybe they will spread it out, having smaller but more frequent classes like other carriers. But that’s just me theorizing for now. Either way keep your heads up, be patient and stay tuned. There’s always the pool too, and yes I have seen people hired from that as well.

For sure a class in September and class in November. Calls might only be going out for September at the moment, and they may not be done. They may not have even touched November yet. It took a month last year for me to hear anything. But there has been no official email sent out with new hire names yet.

I am wondering if they do cut it down from 60 to 26, if there won’t be a third or even fourth class perhaps in January or March. Maybe they will spread it out, having smaller but more frequent classes like other carriers. But that’s just me theorizing for now. Either way keep your heads up, be patient and stay tuned. There’s always the pool too, and yes I have seen people hired from that as well.
Thanks for those words of hope. It's been over a month and I haven't heard a peep.

Pool emails went out today. Rumor is there are still interviews going on into next week. Still no word on a class list for November, but September is set. 10 people, all Envoy.

Back