AA Dispatcher June 2023

Oh boy

Attachments

• oh-my-god-its-happening.gif
    oh-my-god-its-happening.gif
    279.4 KB · Views: 27
We definitely need more dispatchers with over a hundred retirements still coming and Flightkeys requiring more desks. This posting caught many off guard because there is usually prior notice given to the dispatch group in an email or memo. There is also usually a lot of preparation for hiring so even before pre-posting notification, everyone knew roughly when and how many were going to be hired. This was kind of out of the blue to most in the dispatch group.

We are implementing a new reserve system next year. Since the merging of legacy workgroups, junior dispatchers have had pretty good schedules and QOL. That is changing now and things won’t be as good as they have been for new hires. Its still pretty good but the experience of these new hires will be different than what most have had. They will be junior for a long time with over 300 people mostly under age 40 above them. If you are over age 30, I would take that into account as your whole career will be spent struggling to get into the middle seniority range.

Keep in mind that Flightkeys isn’t about hiring more dispatchers! It’s the opposite! Once Flightkeys is fully implemented the company won’t need as many employees! This is a fact and do your research well!

Yeah they being super picky this go around. I hear the assessment is wild
I just took the assessments. The first one was a pretty standard personality assessment i.e. I get along with others/I like being a leader blah, blah, blah. The other one was a mechanical assessment of what gears would move in what direction if this lever is moved, and which light will stay on if this switch is placed in the off position. I am trying to figure out why as a dispatcher that test is relevant.

I just took the assessments. The first one was a pretty standard personality assessment i.e. I get along with others/I like being a leader blah, blah, blah. The other one was a mechanical assessment of what gears would move in what direction if this lever is moved, and which light will stay on if this switch is placed in the off position. I am trying to figure out why as a dispatcher that test is relevant.
It’s so they can pick and choose who they want most likely

Keep in mind that Flightkeys isn’t about hiring more dispatchers! It’s the opposite! Once Flightkeys is fully implemented the company won’t need as many employees! This is a fact and do your research well!

Long term you are probably right. Short term, it has a lot of growing pains. Also specific to AA, the takeoff performance, ETDs, diversions and crew scheduling stuff are all in the old system with no near term plan to replace those. It will likely be a decade before any of that happens.

Long term you are probably right. Short term, it has a lot of growing pains. Also specific to AA, the takeoff performance, ETDs, diversions and crew scheduling stuff are all in the old system with no near term plan to replace those. It will likely be a decade before any of that happens.
I disagree with you. Could see this fully implemented within 5 years. This is an AA management top priority here.

I disagree with you. Could see this fully implemented within 5 years. This is an AA management top priority here.
It took quite a bit of time just to get to this point. And theres still a lot that needs to be fixed. The testing and development to move the rest of DECS into Flightkeys is going to take quite some time. We wont even have the domestic portion of implementation until sometime next year. Five years is extremely optimistic given we are not that close to domestic implementation and will need quite a bit of testing and training to replace even more.

Back