AA Dispatcher June 2023

Allegedly… interview dates are 9th and 10th so if no email received yet the rejection will likely come next week 🙃

What is starting pay once signed off? Trying to see if this will be a pay cut from my current shop, thanks.

What is starting pay once signed off? Trying to see if this will be a pay cut from my current shop, thanks.
During training you get 79% of the full pay and no license pay. After you’re signed off you get everything. So… during training you make $67k. After you’re signed off you make $94k until you hit your first year anniversary. Then goes to about $101k but I believe this fall goes up to $104k.

AA is now the only carrier that pays reduced pay while training. And training has been taking on average 8-12 months so keep that in mind. The fastest people get off in 6 months. Yes they’re trying to reduce training time this round, but it will still be close to at least 6 months. Especially if they’re hiring another 60. Just be aware you’ll need patience and to be able to financially get by on that reduced training pay if that’s a huge cut for you or you have family to support.

During training you get 79% of the full pay and no license pay. After you’re signed off you get everything. So… during training you make $67k. After you’re signed off you make $94k until you hit your first year anniversary. Then goes to about $101k but I believe this fall goes up to $104k.

AA is now the only carrier that pays reduced pay while training. And training has been taking on average 8-12 months so keep that in mind. The fastest people get off in 6 months. Yes they’re trying to reduce training time this round, but it will still be close to at least 6 months. Especially if they’re hiring another 60. Just be aware you’ll need patience and to be able to financially get by on that reduced training pay if that’s a huge cut for you or you have family to support.

Classroom wont take as long as its now going to be a 5 on, 2 off schedule.

I think the biggest thing to look at is not first year salary but seniority. Whether its 15, 30 or 60 hired, they will have between 350 to 400 dispatchers above them for the next 30 years. It will likely be a long time on junior schedules.

Classroom wont take as long as its now going to be a 5 on, 2 off schedule.

I think the biggest thing to look at is not first year salary but seniority. Whether its 15, 30 or 60 hired, they will have between 350 to 400 dispatchers above them for the next 30 years. It will likely be a long time on junior schedules.
What are the junior schedules at American?

Domestic midnights, coordinator midnights, regular reserve. AM/PM east coast domestic also go junior due to workload.

Curious to how the regular reserve plays out and if anyone with decent seniority will bid for it. Top 20% of the lines are actually pretty great. Weekends off every month, straight shifts, close to 4/3/4/4.

Can anyone on it comment on it?

Curious to how the regular reserve plays out and if anyone with decent seniority will bid for it. Top 20% of the lines are actually pretty great. Weekends off every month, straight shifts, close to 4/3/4/4.

Can anyone on it comment on it?

We havent yet done it yet for a full year bid. New hires being signed off since January have been covering open shifts on a form of the regular reserve. Given that schedules are bid month to month which makes trades difficult, it will probably go very junior. The schedule department is not trusted by most so I doubt it many who are more senior will bid it.

Just heard that AA was doing DX test but no interviews for internals. Interviews will be scheduled based on how they do on the test..that’s new.

Just heard that AA was doing DX test but no interviews for internals. Interviews will be scheduled based on how they do on the test..that’s new.

Not the same people doing the interviewing this time. A different format from last round of hiring was to be expected.

AA interviewers said they don’t know how many they will hire but said that they will be putting together a pool.

Still haven't heard anything back. Does that mean I am not considered at this point... I am wondering what their standards are on hiring. Also can anyone share how I can see the results of the assessment. Is my personality too bad for American Airlines and I know I always suck at physics but how would that matter as a dispatcher... But anyways I would like to know my assessment result and see what I did wrong and start from there.

Back