AA Dispatcher June 2023

Do yourself a favor and do a google search for "American Airlines Labor Relations" and see how they treat their union employees.
You don't want to work there.

Is it really that bad at AA with flight keys? Over here most love it, at least compared to FPM

For a program decades older than FOS; it doesn’t deliver as well as you’d think it would. It presents more obstacles than anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it’s so terrible. Way better to stay at the regional making poverty wages for way more hours

DL, UA, WN, and AS have entered the chat.

1725220659183.jpeg

Is it really that bad at AA with flight keys? Over here most love it, at least compared to FPM

Flightkeys doesnt live up to its full potential because there are too many programs running on each dispatch desk and flightkeys isnt yet well integrated to the existing programs.

The result is the system is a lot slower than it could be.

Flightkeys doesnt live up to its full potential because there are too many programs running on each dispatch desk and flightkeys isnt yet well integrated to the existing programs.

thats a shame its a cool new program, efficient and slick. still more upgrades to come too

Whats running thats bogging down the desks? If its chrome then that a major RAM hog right there. Fusion can be resource intensive as well but not as much as chrome. Might be a chance to get IT to do an equipment upgrade unless they want to have an encumbered operation. Of course we have seen how much of a priority IT is at the majors soo....

A lot of Chrome users sync it to absolutely every device they'll log into, and that'll inadvertently carry a TON of personal data over to work -- and work data over between desks -- and then work data in general to the home computers, tablets, or cellphones.

It's pretty stupid seeing it as an outsider, knowing what kind of stuff (or just...not wanting to know, and then learning anyway) is saved in the personal databanks, but that's largely the source of the slowdown. Otherwise, I'll agree with posters above: FKys has a lot of fancy looking features, and can make the job VERY easy. To that end, there's a good amount of review worth reviewing, and keeping away from the complacency.

You can tell I'm on board the Chrome/Droid bus.

No Apples for me please.

A lot of Chrome users sync it to absolutely every device they'll log into, and that'll inadvertently carry a TON of personal data over to work -- and work data over between desks -- and then work data in general to the home computers, tablets, or cellphones.

It's pretty stupid seeing it as an outsider, knowing what kind of stuff (or just...not wanting to know, and then learning anyway) is saved in the personal databanks, but that's largely the source of the slowdown. Otherwise, I'll agree with posters above: FKys has a lot of fancy looking features, and can make the job VERY easy. To that end, there's a good amount of review worth reviewing, and keeping away from the complacency.

You can tell I'm on board the Chrome/Droid bus.

No Apples for me please.
From what ive seen, if you have an understanding of what fk is doing/not doing and how to work around its flaws, as well as maximize what it does well, it can make you a much better dispatcher.

Fk is going to give you a lot of legal but stupid plans, but that's just a baseline. It gives you all the tools needed to make those plans smart.

I personally like FK a lot. It makes managing IROPS much more efficient and the multi tasking features are great. I also use Chrome to launch it and haven’t had any issues so YMMV

The person or company that can make Flight Explorer or Fusion as the "user interface" for whatever flight planning system you want, i think will be the winner. But what do I know. Im just a dispatcher.

The issue with Flightkeys being slow is not too many programs running. The issue is because of the need for strict cybersecurity, the firewalls in place at most airlines slow down the info coming in and out of the company. So there is only a finite amount of info because of all the security firewalls in place.

But then again FK does produce beauties like this:

Only efficient at 17,000'! Make sure to be at FL330 exactly four feet after the first fix. FL250 is efficient now! But you'll bust a warning area that's active in two days.

. . . . .OR WILL YOU . . . . .

But then again FK does produce beauties like this:
I see Mandatory Routes on both ends.... Was there a program it was trying to enforce?
Or
Do your backoffice Dispatchers know what they're doing in 5D NAV?

Most of the dumb stuff FK does it because that is how you've set it up/configured it.

I see Mandatory Routes on both ends.... Was there a program it was trying to enforce?
Or
Do your backoffice Dispatchers know what they're doing in 5D NAV?

Most of the dumb stuff FK does it because that is how you've set it up/configured it.
To be fair this is the first time I’ve seen this on this specific route, and I do these transcon flights daily. The jet was also further south that day, still bizarre.

To be fair this is the first time I’ve seen this on this specific route, and I do these transcon flights daily. The jet was also further south that day, still bizarre.
Definitely odd, but there's a reason why it did it.

A lot of the negativity around FK is random screenshots that pilfer their way through a Dispatch DG with absolutely no context, instead of it going to the right area (back office DX) to actually correct it and make it better.

Definitely odd, but there's a reason why it did it.

A lot of the negativity around FK is random screenshots that pilfer their way through a Dispatch DG with absolutely no context, instead of it going to the right area (back office DX) to actually correct it and make it better.

I've been working with FK for a few years now and this is 100% it. Everybody is like "my old system never did this" but I bet it did when it was in the first few years of development. People just reported it and got it fixed. Usually it's an altitude that is input wrong, or it ingested a required route wrong. Once you know how to use it, it's incredibly powerful. People would just rather complain about it and not figure out why it's doing what it does.

I've been working with FK for a few years now and this is 100% it. Everybody is like "my old system never did this" but I bet it did when it was in the first few years of development. People just reported it and got it fixed. Usually it's an altitude that is input wrong, or it ingested a required route wrong. Once you know how to use it, it's incredibly powerful. People would just rather complain about it and not figure out why it's doing what it does.

My shot was in fact reported to our back office team. Not sure why it happened but I haven’t seen it since that day. Agreed, FK is a very solid system.

Back