AA Dispatcher June 2023

Pool emails went out today. Rumor is there are still interviews going on into next week. Still no word on a class list for November, but September is set. 10 people, all Envoy.

October class will have 16. A mix of internals and externals. No word yet on classes in November and beyond.

Have all offers for November been sent out? I know a lot of people got pool emails - even some that didn't interview. Whereas people who interviewed got their statuses updated to "Not Selected", but with no email.

it seems like the flood gate is now closing up. wont be surprised if this is what hiring is going to look like going fwd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It appears that MQ intentionally withheld key personnel like trainers, comp checkers, and SMEs for the anticipated FlightKeys rollout. This decision to go above and beyond may have inadvertently hindered these candidates, as they became irreplaceable and may now discourage others from stepping up in the future. It seems like a good business strategy but could be detrimental to employee morale and growth.

It's a bold move cotton. We'll see how it plays out.

yeah too valuable to lose, but not valuable enough to pay a good salary. sure puts everyone in a tough position

not sure i follow, what do you mean by withheld personal? does AA want people with FK experience?

not sure i follow, what do you mean by withheld personal? does AA want people with FK experience?
As in, Envoy told AA they couldn't have certain people because their knowledge was too valuable for them to lose. They didn't want AA taking all their trainers and what not. So the people who went the extra mile are being passed over for people who didn't want any extra responsibility.

As in, Envoy told AA they couldn't have certain people because their knowledge was too valuable for them to lose. They didn't want AA taking all their trainers and what not. So the people who went the extra mile are being passed over for people who didn't want any extra responsibility.
I've seen that happen to at my shop as well. The word going around was that if someone promoted to Sup or Training and had less than x amount of time in that position then they wouldn't be given the green light by our management to be hired over to mainline. It's crazy to think that's possible considering we're not even a wholly owned regional. I understand why they do it, but it takes away incentive to put in the extra effort when you see that happen. (At least when your goal is to get out of the regional environment.)

As much as I personally wouldn't mind working for a partner carrier in their mainline shop, the likely quickest path would be to hop over to a ULCC or other competitor for however time and then (if for whatever reason I wanted to move again) I could go to whatever carrier that would be.

Same thing happens all the time with CA's at regionals wanting to go mainline. They take the upgrade working for a UX carrier or something wholly owned like Horizon or Envoy just to be denied a job at UA, AA, or AS. Good thing WN is always looking for pilots and Dispatchers lol.

It appears that MQ intentionally withheld key personnel like trainers, comp checkers, and SMEs for the anticipated FlightKeys rollout. This decision to go above and beyond may have inadvertently hindered these candidates, as they became irreplaceable and may now discourage others from stepping up in the future. It seems like a good business strategy but could be detrimental to employee morale and growth.

It's a bold move cotton. We'll see how it plays out.

I get the flawed logic, but there’s other majors who would snap them right up. Just doesn’t make sense in reality. You’re losing your talent either way, why not keep them “in house”

Some don't have the ability to go to a different major. They have family or ties to DFW so it is either AA or SW.

I believe it's laziness on the part of management. Why train new people when you can just let go some fresh new hires, and replace them with another batch in 3 months.

AA also did away with the old hiring practices so that could be a factor as well.

Back