AA Dispatcher June 2023

Still haven't heard anything back. Does that mean I am not considered at this point... I am wondering what their standards are on hiring. Also can anyone share how I can see the results of the assessment. Is my personality too bad for American Airlines and I know I always suck at physics but how would that matter as a dispatcher... But anyways I would like to know my assessment result and see what I did wrong and start from there.
Well. To correct that, I did get some kinda official email saying good news I am getting additional consideration but havent got an inviation of interviews..

Still haven't heard anything back. Does that mean I am not considered at this point... I am wondering what their standards are on hiring. Also can anyone share how I can see the results of the assessment. Is my personality too bad for American Airlines and I know I always suck at physics but how would that matter as a dispatcher... But anyways I would like to know my assessment result and see what I did wrong and start from there.
That would be ideal but you don’t see any results. Not even from the test. Just hand it in and that’s that

Any word on any internals that have been scheduled or had an interview. I know that some internals tested but I haven’t heard of any scheduled interviews. Anyone?

Internals need to show exceptional drive and have high scores to be asked back for the interview. There is one external and about 5 internals left from the two previous classes. Not saying all internals are slow... A few were very sharp and comp'd out with the MQ/previous dx group. But it can take longer to grasp the aeronautical decision making and applications.

Internals need to show exceptional drive and have high scores to be asked back for the interview. There is one external and about 5 internals left from the two previous classes. Not saying all internals are slow... A few were very sharp and comp'd out with the MQ/previous dx group. But it can take longer to grasp the aeronautical decision making and applications.
I can see that.. thanks for the response!!

I agree. If you’re an internal and you really want that job, find one of the trainers and ask if they would let you shadow them. Come in for a couple hours on ‘days off’ or before work, not while being paid to do something else. You will both learn a lot, actually show that it means enough to you to give up 2-3 hours of your free once a week just to learn, and if you do get an interview, you will be much more likely to succeed. In my opinion, that’s the kind of internal that should be hired.

Externals that interview at AA normally come in with a lot of knowledge, most have the resume to prove they can do the job, and they already show how much they want it by leaving behind wherever home is to start a new life in DFW because that’s how much they want the job.

I agree. If you’re an internal and you really want that job, find one of the trainers and ask if they would let you shadow them. Come in for a couple hours on ‘days off’ or before work, not while being paid to do something else. You will both learn a lot, actually show that it means enough to you to give up 2-3 hours of your free once a week just to learn, and if you do get an interview, you will be much more likely to succeed. In my opinion, that’s the kind of internal that should be hired.

Externals that interview at AA normally come in with a lot of knowledge, most have the resume to prove they can do the job, and they already show how much they want it by leaving behind wherever home is to start a new life in DFW because that’s how much they
Truth. Great advice right here

well said! some internals even get their license, and leave to go to a regional just to get the experience to get the interview. for most its a 2-5 grind making $20 an hour in a crap place in the mid west to get a job at a major. and even for people with that experience, its still very hard to land one of those jobs. 200+ interviews for 30 spots

Some internals have heard back with interviews scheduled. In one of the test/interview sessions for externals, the hiring team said 200 people have tested, and of those 200 they are thinking of hiring one third, pooling one third, and then saying no to one third. That's what is being passed down the grapevine. Cannot confirm accuracy.

Can anyone confirm that internals had to pass the test to be asked back for an interview? I thought interviews were paired to tests but it has been different this round. I have not heard of interviews scheduled beyond Friday, though I have heard some people are being asked to interview after most of them are done.

Some internals have heard back with interviews scheduled. In one of the test/interview sessions for externals, the hiring team said 200 people have tested, and of those 200 they are thinking of hiring one third, pooling one third, and then saying no to one third. That's what is being passed down the grapevine. Cannot confirm accuracy.

Can anyone confirm that internals had to pass the test to be asked back for an interview? I thought interviews were paired to tests but it has been different this round. I have not heard of interviews scheduled beyond Friday, though I have heard some people are being asked to interview after most of them are done.
Dang. At that rate and the rate United is hiring there aren’t gonna be any regional dispatchers left lol

I think they are picking and choosing who they like and have something in particular they are wanting. They have even interviewed a few new Envoy Dispatchers that received auto rejections previously for not having the degree or the required experience. So… who knows what the thought process of the AA hiring machine??

I think they are picking and choosing who they like and have something in particular they are wanting. They have even interviewed a few new Envoy Dispatchers that received auto rejections previously for not having the degree or the required experience. So… who knows what the thought process of the AA hiring machine??

There is no machine.

However, like any other job, the applications and resumes are reviewed by a talent recruitment team. Resume content and the way it’s formatted matters for any talent recruiter. A cover letter personalized bespoke to that application also sets you apart from candidates. To anyone applying, I highly recommend having someone look your resume or hire someone who can make an appropriate one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear the rumor is a possible class in September and smaller class sizes than the usual 30. Is there any truth to this rumor?

Back