A Big Thank You

Pilot121

To the entire Jetcareers community:

I would like to extend my sincere gratitude for everything that Jetcareers has helped me with over the years. I joined this forum almost two years ago not knowing much about aviation... I had not even flown a plane at the time I signed up on JC! I have asked many questions on here, and each of you is always happy to help. During times of discouragement in my flight training, it has been JC that pushed me to keep pursuing my goals. Also, to all of the frequent dispatch subforum members reading this, thank you for all of the advice and information! This is going to come across as cliché, but I mean it: I do not know what I would do without Jetcareers and the wonderful people that make up this amazing community. Whether I want to discuss super-nerdy aviation concepts on "Technical Talk," admire the beautiful pictures on the "Daily Pic" thread, or just read great political discussions in the lav, this community has so much to offer. I would also like to mention that I have already had two incredible networking opportunities arise solely because of JC.
@Derg you have really created a special place for all of us, and I am confident that I speak for many when I say that we are extremely appreciative of what you have done to keep this website up and running; that's no easy task.

With much gratitude for this wonderful community,

Max (Pilot121)

To the entire Jetcareers community:

I would like to extend my sincere gratitude for everything that Jetcareers has helped me with over the years. I joined this forum almost two years ago not knowing much about aviation... I had not even flown a plane at the time I signed up on JC! I have asked many questions on here, and each of you is always happy to help. During times of discouragement in my flight training, it has been JC that pushed me to keep pursuing my goals. Also, to all of the frequent dispatch subforum members reading this, thank you for all of the advice and information! This is going to come across as cliché, but I mean it: I do not know what I would do without Jetcareers and the wonderful people that make up this amazing community. Whether I want to discuss super-nerdy aviation concepts on "Technical Talk," admire the beautiful pictures on the "Daily Pic" thread, or just read great political discussions in the lav, this community has so much to offer. I would also like to mention that I have already had two incredible networking opportunities arise solely because of JC.
@Derg you have really created a special place for all of us, and I am confident that I speak for many when I say that we are extremely appreciative of what you have done to keep this website up and running; that's no easy task.

With much gratitude for this wonderful community,

Max (Pilot121)

I agree 100 percent. Through this site I met my first CFI as he gave me advice about the flight school I was looking into. During training I would post questions here and always had good feedback. Then I met a few pilots that were at a small airline that later became my first pilot job. This website has been the best tool I have come across as far as networking goes.

True words, even when you go away for a few years and come back :rolleyes:, JC always has great people and great information.

I find myself wanting to be here more than Facebook nowadays. Doug has kept this place up and running so generations of pilots have a place to be, network, research, and just plain hang out... Thanks!

I'll turn this around the other way and thank @Derg for several great pilots I picked up from JC.

You can find out a lot about a person by how they post online versus just reading a resume. The guys from JC were great pilots and great people.

Back