AA Dispatcher June 2023

Gotta love it when people pull numbers straight from thin air and declare it obvious.

The thing cant even read and apply non standard NOTAMs yet and will need a dispatcher for quite some time to decide whether lateral or vertical plan changes are needed. It is too early to say how many dispatchers might be made redundant. Thats assuming the long and ever growing list of problems ever get fully solved with Flightkeys.

with over a hundred retirements still coming
There is less then 200 on the seniority list currently at top out. Most are going to stay at least a few years after they make top out.
I do not think think that many are actually going to retire anytime soon.

There is less then 200 on the seniority list currently at top out. Most are going to stay at least a few years after they make top out.
I do not think think that many are actually going to retire anytime soon.

Yes but as of last checked there were 99 above age 60 and 71 between age 55-59. Some of those 170 have retired since but most remain. Those numbers are probably going to thin out with retirements over the next 5 years.

Can someone explain how flight keys was employed to replace dispatch jobs? its slow as #*%# and doesn’t reduce anything but applying penalties. If someone allows it to make decisions for them blindly, then the problem would be the dispatcher.

what it’s currently costing AA to maintain it’s current flight operating system on two mainframe networks, and contracting external IT support groups is outrageous, the savings in transferring over to cloud technology alone is saving a ton of money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sabre FPM was technically also built with no dispatcher in mind. For those with access, the “PSS” check box in the top right stands for Pilot Self Serve. But FPM for sure ain’t getting rid of the dispatcher anytime soon. Lol

If anything I’d almost say it requires more dispatchers. At least on the domestic side. Right now with DECS you can bust out a release super quick but as mentioned above Flight Keys is super slow and there’s no way the current workload can be maintained with it domestically

Sabre FPM was technically also built with no dispatcher in mind. For those with access, the “PSS” check box in the top right stands for Pilot Self Serve. But FPM for sure ain’t getting rid of the dispatcher anytime soon. Lol
Truth!

I see it's open until Sunday. Does anyone have any idea of when this class is supposed to start?

Just got an email after taking the assessments that I'm continuing to move forward in the application process. Would anyone be able to shed some light on what the next steps may be?

It means that your application was sifted through to be further reviewed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear people are lying on the application so they can take the assessment. For shame....
straight-to-jail-crime.gif

Back