AA Dispatcher June 2023

They really want these people trained in 6 months or less. Not like the last two classes which have like 10-15 people left. Going on close to 10-12 months

They are trying to squeeze in a class before Flightkeys goes to domestic. I think Flightkeys will increase training times at least in the short term. You still need to learn DECS, DECS based OMS, and Flightkeys. Flightkeys has its own Fusion-like map and we also still use Fusion. So it is a lot of programs that new hires will need to learn.

It should be noted that Europe division still has a Flightkeys OJT trainer on each shift after 5 months of implementation. Flightkeys in its current form takes a lot of time to learn.

I would expect OJT time will increase rather than decrease.

They really want these people trained in 6 months or less. Not like the last two classes which have like 10-15 people left. Going on close to 10-12 months
Any idea why the training timeline is longer for majors compared to the training timeline at regional carriers?

They are trying to squeeze in a class before Flightkeys goes to domestic. I think Flightkeys will increase training times at least in the short term. You still need to learn DECS, DECS based OMS, and Flightkeys. Flightkeys has its own Fusion-like map and we also still use Fusion. So it is a lot of programs that new hires will need to learn.

It should be noted that Europe division still has a Flightkeys OJT trainer on each shift after 5 months of implementation. Flightkeys in its current form takes a lot of time to learn.

I would expect OJT time will increase rather than decrease.
Would AA drop Fusion to simply use the FlightKeys "Fusion map"?

Crazy how much some softwares focus on the Map. Like at most all we will use the map for is it verify the routing somewhat and use our main map (Fusion or what have you) for everything else.

I’d like a map in english while using flightkeys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received the “Good news – you are continuing to move forward in the application process!” Email, is this a generic thing to say the least or does it really mean that?
It’s my first time applying at American.
I got that same email last week, still nothing since

It
I received the “Good news – you are continuing to move forward in the application process!” Email, is this a generic thing to say the least or does it really mean that?
It means your application has been looked at.

It’s been looked at again. Last time I applied it took a month for them to get back with available days to interview. Not sure how fast they want to get this class in

AA tested and interviewed “Envoy only” on Friday and Saturday before the posting was even closed.

Back