Hawaiian Window Opening (Feb 8th)

Got the email they are reviewing applications now. I heard that applications are about half of what they normally receive. Any truth to that @BobDDuck @cmhumphr ?

The number of apps they have been getting during each requisition period has dropped a bunch each time. Not sure of the numbers right now. Their philosophy still seems to be that if they have more applications than slots they are ok. Which is pretty laughable.

The number of apps they have been getting during each requisition period has dropped a bunch each time. Not sure of the numbers right now. Their philosophy still seems to be that if they have more applications than slots they are ok. Which is pretty laughable.
That is what my friend has said as well. I guess this might just be my time! :):eek:

A few updates...

To the best of my knowledge all the interview invites and TBNT letters have now gone out for this window.

The TA passed 76%-24% with 97.5% of the group voting (which is a huge number for participation by HAL standards and is awesome).

There will most likely be another vacancy bid that comes out soon due increased staffing needs because of work rule improvements in the new contract, however I think this latest window invited enough people to interview to fill a pool to cover the increase in hiring possibly needed to cover this next vacancy.

No idea when they plan on opening the window again.

I know there are several JCers who have interviews coming up. Good luck. With the new contract in place it should be a pretty good place to be.

Hey everyone,

I was lucky enough to receive an interview invite for Hawaiian! I was talking to a couple Hawaiian guy on Instagram but their accounts seem to be gone. Are their any current Hawaiian pilots I could DM with a few questions?

Thanks!

That's crazy..:( I remember talking to you back in 2011 about working at HAL.
I think my 300 hours a year part 91 and lack of education are my Achilles heel at the moment. After all that time, I am only up to 3,000 hours.

I put my app in as per usual the last 3 windows. 3.5k, multiple Internal recs, 121 pic, NGPA twice. TBNT.

Told my girlfriend to put one in even though she has interview at her #1, she threw some stuff in the app and fired it off. 3.2k hours, no pic, no recs, 1 NGPA visit. Come on out for an interview.

Interesting experiment.

Out of curiosity how bad would a commute from ANC be?

Alaska does daily I think. Gets in around 7pm so you'd be coming in the night before. Goes home as a red eye so you'd be getting home the next day. Really no worse than commuting from any other west coast city with only one (offline) flight per day. I think they do Maui also (seasonally) so you'd have a second option some times.

Back