Hawaiian Window Opening (Feb 8th)

Except he SAID they actually just copied his resume with a few keyword changes.

It doesn't sound like it's the internet, tiger. Sounds like it's an actual case of discrimination to meet "diversity." AKA the cool new thing to do.

Go walk through any airport. Count the number of "diverse" pilots you see. If that's the reason you can't get hired, you absolutely suck at life and should give up now.

Not to be a dick or anything, but I don't want to sit next to someone for 6 hours that thinks their girlfriend got an interview because she has ovaries.

I don't get why this mindset is so widespread in aviation.

I flew with a guy at ASA with ZERO personality. His wife got hired at Delta. Instead of being happy for her, bidding max days off and enjoying life, he absolutely thought it was because she's a woman and it absolutely tore him up.

I flew with a guy at ASA with ZERO personality. His wife got hired at Delta. Instead of being happy for her, bidding max days off and enjoying life, he absolutely thought it was because she's a woman and it absolutely tore him up.

This bums me out - I'd be lying if I hadn't been jealous of successful friends...but jesus, your wife? If my wife made Delta money, I'd do bid the least flying possible or fly medevac and play with my kids as much as possible...

This bums me out - I'd be lying if I hadn't been jealous of successful friends...but jesus, your wife? If my wife made Delta money, I'd do bid the least flying possible or fly medevac and play with my kids as much as possible...

So much. There wouldn't be anyone on earth happier for her than me.

Really most of the women I know that have moved on to the bigs have worked 3 times as hard to make it happen. Union reps, actual work at WIA (vs just wearing pants and standing in line with a resume), yet they still found time to have lives outside of work and be great people.

A lot of them feel like they gave something to prove. Judging by what I hear from peers in the industry, they still do. And that's sad.

Go walk through any airport. Count the number of "diverse" pilots you see. If that's the reason you can't get hired, you absolutely suck at life and should give up now.
And NOW I know. Thank you for stopping me before I started

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I would really appreciate it if someone would point out to me where the "your story" essay goes on Airline Apps. I haven't been able to find it as of yet.

Exactly. No one tells you. But apparently all those big boxes you can type stuff in for educational achievements and for employment awards/achievements. This is the area in airlineapps you can expand and write about your awards/achievements/paint your picture. And I heard from one person who volunteers for an airline on their hiring team that if you these boxes are relatively empty, you're not trying hard enough.

Exactly. No one tells you. But apparently all those big boxes you can type stuff in for educational achievements and for employment awards/achievements. This is the area in airlineapps you can expand and write about your awards/achievements/paint your picture. And I heard from one person who volunteers for an airline on their hiring team that if you these boxes are relatively empty, you're not trying hard enough.
Minimum 87 pages or you're doing it wrong. Give me $5000 and I'll explain.

They released the numbers for the last acquisition window.

1003 applied.
220 interviewed.
108 were offered class dates.

Window reopens October 12th at 9am HST.
One of our guys interviewed and was told they wished he has jet time. Is that something they look for?

One of our guys interviewed and was told they wished he has jet time. Is that something they look for?

They do prefer all weather mainland jet time. However that being said they hire all across the board. Interview is big on personality and plenty have been hired with zero ties and connections to the islands. Plenty have been hired with just turboprop time recently as well. That being said they do prefer jet time from the mainland. Hope this helps answer your question.

They do prefer all weather mainland jet time. However that being said they hire all across the board. Interview is big on personality and plenty have been hired with zero ties and connections to the islands. Plenty have been hired with just turboprop time recently as well. That being said they do prefer jet time from the mainland. Hope this helps answer your question.
That does help. Thank you.

It's legit the "best job" in the industry that I can think of, Alec.

The pay is (or at least was - I don't know if they fixed that or not) abysmal on year one, but after that it's good. You can fly a jet and be home every night. The product is awesome, the islands are amazing, and from the outside looking in the culture seems cool.

I'd spend summers in AK and winters in HI. If you get bored with inter-island you can go international. Basically it reminds me of how Alaska seemed when I was a kid.

They released the numbers for the last acquisition window.

1003 applied.
220 interviewed.
108 were offered class dates.

Window reopens October 12th at 9am HST.
Those numbers are pretty good, I'm surprised only 1000 people applied that seems really low. But a 22% chance of getting an interview? Wow that is higher than I thought. At AA it's ridiculously low because of all the flow thrus.

I guess when pay and bennies are adequate people want to work for you. Weird.

Trying to make it rain on first year pay:

Kx3JfSq.gif

Kx3JfSq.gifv

Back