Hawaiian Application Window Open - open again from SEPTEMBER 18TH (9am HST) to OCTOBER 1ST (UPDATED)

BobDDuck

Island Bus Driver
Just a heads up, they'll be opening the window up again. Currently a class starts next month and then a small class (maybe) in December. There will be about 15 people left in the pool after that. Planning classes once a month next year, although no mention on size of classes. That said they are planning to hire about 50 pilots over the course of the year. You need to reapply even if you interviewed last time around. I have no idea what competitive or mins will be. They've had issues recently with guys who had no 121/military jet experience so while I don't think that will be a hard requirement, it certainly won't hurt.

Probably all 3 aircraft will have vacancies although I'd guess mostly 717 and 321. Only base is HNL. Starting pay is still $36/hr (and don't expect that to change prior to the next contract post 2022). After that it goes up to within 10% or less of the US3 rates. Benefits are pretty good. Scheduling rules are still in the stone age but slowly improving. Pilot group is good. If you are evenly remotely thinking of moving here for the job (and a 5+ hour west coast or farther commute isn't the end of the world but isn't that fun), understand what you are getting yourself into. Living in Hawaii is not the same as a week in Waikiki or Lahaina.

......understand what you are getting yourself into. Living in Hawaii is not the same as a week in Waikiki or Lahaina.

That it isnt.....Hell I was paying (or Uncle Same was paying) $1200 a month for a small 2br apt in Aiea back in '92.

Two bedrooms!? You get out of here Mister Money Bags!

We're paying $2600 for a two bedroom now. It's got a really nice view, but still kind of ridiculous.

LRM_EXPORT_339879079407806_20180926_190300475.jpeg

Haha I was lucky! This is where we rented for $1000 a month and all utilities and tv were included! Three of us packed into this thing. Luckily there were many outdoor activities to partake in and why I am satisfied with 1100 sqft now.

441 Lewers St - Honolulu, HI 96815 | Zillow

I lived in the Aloha Lani just across the street for the first 2 years I was here. 401sq for about $1200 a month. Super nice view looking Mauka though.

Haha I was lucky! This is where we rented for $1000 a month and all utilities and tv were included! Three of us packed into this thing. Luckily there were many outdoor activities to partake in and why I am satisfied with 1100 sqft now.

441 Lewers St - Honolulu, HI 96815 | Zillow

Lewers.....If I recall there were some establishmnents where many a beers were consumed on that street. We were at 98-640 Moana Lua Loop, Aiea. Had a great view of Pearl Harbor.

Lewers.....If I recall there were some establishmnents where many a beers were consumed on that street. We were at 98-640 Moana Lua Loop, Aiea. Had a great view of Pearl Harbor.
Yep, where I got a gun pulled on me and watched a suicide by cop(s). Always fun going to work at 4 in the morning.

Kaimuki and Kahala are great locations and you can find some reasonably priced rentals as long as your not looking in August when students are trying to find places.

Back