So who's going.....?

Are you attending NJC2014

• Total voters
Having been around the block more than once, let me just say that unless you own the company it is best to always assume the opposite.

Even if you own the company there's no ironclad job security. Half of all small businesses fail in their first year.

OK, so this 34 year old PPL student considering a career change is going to be attending.

I have been a long time member/lurker and hardly ever post but figure what the hell, I'll go and meet a few people.

Now I just need to figure out how to tell my wife, who is 7 months pregnant, that I am going to Vegas for a few days.....ideas?

bigD1031 said:
OK, so this 34 year old PPL student considering a career change is going to be attending. I have been a long time member/lurker and hardly ever post but figure what the hell, I'll go and meet a few people. Now I just need to figure out how to tell my wife, who is 7 months pregnant, that I am going to Vegas for a few days.....ideas?
I'm going out for milk, BRB. 8). See you there!

I'm working every other day this month except for the days of NJC so I guess it's time for my NJC IOE as well. Had only made reservations for hotel on Wednesday night. Should I make one for Tuesday night as well? Missed the 2-day event vibe from the info available outside this thread. Maybe I should just move my hotel to the Tuesday night and plan on staying up all night Wednesday… Also, looks like jumpseating with this many pilots heading in/out of Vegas is gonna be fun.

FWIW, My Plan:

Get in late morning Wednesday. Check in (PH). Head to pool for lunch/ maybe a beer or two (Cabana?). Nap. Clean up. Dinner somewhere. Blackjack. NJC. Brief afterwards? Sleep as late as PH allows. Hop on an afternoon flt back to work...

Anyone who wants to jump on this train is welcome. Also open to being shanghaied (spell checked it!) on a different voyage. Feel free to pm me contact info as appropriate.

Gonna be brief, but awesome!

OK, so this 34 year old PPL student considering a career change is going to be attending.

I have been a long time member/lurker and hardly ever post but figure what the hell, I'll go and meet a few people.

Now I just need to figure out how to tell my wife, who is 7 months pregnant, that I am going to Vegas for a few days.....ideas?
You need to chat with my husband, lostplanetairman, then!

It looks like it may be a possibility thanks to the generosity of the members of this site. Still waiting to hash out details. Freakin stoked if it works out. (Bro).

Check your mail!

Folks that volunteered to pony-up, check your PM's shortly.

You wanna talk brief....Last year I spent 6 hours (RT) in the air and about 4 hours in Vegas......THAT was brief........ But is was indeed AWESOME.

I did something like that back in 1994....SRQ to DFW via DTW....was in DFW for about 6 hours, but it was a memorable trip....

@ozziecat35 has his ticket!

Thanks to all of the people that pledged to get him out to NetworkJC!
Friends1.gif

FWIW, My Plan:

Get in late morning Wednesday. Check in (PH). Head to pool for lunch/ maybe a beer or two (Cabana?). Nap. Clean up. Dinner somewhere. Blackjack. NJC. Brief afterwards? Sleep as late as PH allows. Hop on an afternoon flt back to work...

Anyone who wants to jump on this train is welcome. Also open to being shanghaied (spell checked it!) on a different voyage. Feel free to pm me contact info as appropriate.

Gonna be brief, but awesome!

I will be down for some R&R by the pool followed by the possibility of being shanghaied....Are the Network JC speedos a requirement or only optional?

Tell her you're going to see your girlfriend and wil be back Thursday. Then when you get back she will be so much less mad that it was only NJC, she will forget about the whole thing......or at least it works that way on paper.....

Tell her you're going to see your girlfriend and wil be back Thursday. Then when you get back she will be so much less mad that it was only NJC, she will forget about the whole thing......or at least it works that way on paper.....

What could possibly go wrong?

Back