What IDIOTS (Two Falcon Air Pilots Scab for Spirit)

Re: What IDIOTS

I think of it like this. If there is a bunch of Jedi on the corner, hanging out, speaking ill of the Empire, if I run up sn say "Lord Vader will destroy you all!" I expect I'll be getting my ass kicked.

If you steal someones job by crossing a picket line, especially when you know that you're doing the emotional equivalent of throwing a match on a virtual pool of kerosene, you're nuts and shouldn't be shocked when someone who is more than a little pissed.

Reason and prudence are two words that we need to become much more familiar with in our society.

I have no problem if there were professional consequences of crossing the line; i.e. hard time getting a jumpseat, or finding future employment. However the threats and violance that has been seen historically is totally out of line and I hope severe criminal sentences and handed down to anyone involved in that activity.

JHugz - so screwing with someones livelyhood, means a family should live in fear for years. What a feeble mind you poses.

Don't screw w/ someone's livelihood. I think they deserve all the harassment they are getting.

Well they screwed with their own livelihood - they walked away from their jobs.

I would bet 99% of us here (not jtrain) are pro-free-market but striking is definitely not very free-market-ish.

Striking is the very definition of free market capitalism not the fasco-capitalism where only the rich can excercise market decisions.

I would bet 99% of us here (not jtrain) are pro-free-market but striking is definitely not very free-market-ish.
Dude, striking is totally free market!

In the free market, if someone doesn't like the job/compensation, they say "up yours!" and quit showing up.

In the free market, if the whole employee group doesn't like the job/compensation, they say "up yours!" and all quit showing up.

Striking is the very definition of free market capitalism not the fasco-capitalism where only the rich can excercise market decisions.

Watch out using those big words and all... get's "confusing" if I don't agree with you. ;)

I like Doug's Jedi reference and feel it sums up the issue nicely.

Hard to separate emotion from this when Spirit pilots are laying it all on the line to better their careers and the profession. If I were a Spirit pilot, my light saber would be out and glowing.

Jtrain's not alone that's for sure.

I welcome capitalism, but I don't welcome the total disregard for the weakening middle class, which is what American Corporate supported free-market nonsense has gotten to.

I'm not an executive, and I will never need to defend my annual bonus in front of shareholders, so my concern is not with supporting their initiatives to bring about reduced regulation of the banking / investment industry so that they can maximize their millions every year they bring home.

Rather, like I would imagine 99% of us, I'm a member of the working class trying to defend my own ability to support my family - it just so happens that I defend my profession and maximize my own professional worth and value by using a collective bargaining agent. Which is so BAD to many blind capitalists who are also members of the middle class, smiling as their respective leaders use their hardwork to build their income rather than the income of the actual labor force.

Nonsense in my book, but I also have no illusion that the above opinion will neccessarily be shared by many - just that its mine and I'm quite content with it.

Hard to separate emotion from this when Spirit pilots are laying it all on the line to better their careers and the profession. If I were a Spirit pilot, my light saber would be out and glowing.

You can push me out of a job any day of the week and I would never threaten harm or violence towards that person.

NOT being allowed to strike certainly isn't free market.

Might I add that yes, it's illegal to whoop someone's ass. It's not prudent to put yourself in a situation in which you knowingly expose yourself to harm.

I do not advocate physical confrontation whatsoever. But you've got to be developmentally challenged to willfully expose yourself to such danger. Can we say 'retard' again or is that verboten? :)

I think it says more about the mindset of a criminal who wants a physical confrontation than the person who 'called your mom fat'.

At what point would a physical confrontation feel justified? Would you feel it would be inappropriate if, after losing your life savings, you saw Bernie Madoff walking down the street and punched him in the nose?

I think that would be appropriate.

At what point would a physical confrontation feel justified? Would you feel it would be inappropriate if, after losing your life savings, you saw Bernie Madoff walking down the street and punched him in the nose?

I think that would be appropriate.

Bernie Madoff stole from you - there is no stealing when you decide to leave you position.

Ummm, try that one again, Iain!

Bernie Madoff is a criminal - participated (in fact lead) criminal activity which costs many people millions of dollars. That is very different from someone who hasn't broken any laws and only overtook your position when you left it.

that happened, apparently, as soon as the strike started...which is why there are still pilots out there probably trying to get home.

Back