What IDIOTS (Two Falcon Air Pilots Scab for Spirit)

Re: What IDIOTS

Some things repentance doesn't work for, even if it is genuine (and I have doubts in this case.) If someone assaulted your daughter or son you wouldn't really have an open mind when he then showed up to apologize and provide counseling to him/her. Your family wouldn't want him around.

That's comparing green apples to hand grenades. In your example you are talking about someone committing a violent crime and illegal act. Last I checked "scabbing" is not a violent or criminal act.

The guy made a mistake that he will have to live with for the rest of his career, but is there nothing he can do to make up for it? What if joins Spirit in their strike and supports the works of ALPA for the rest of his career?

We all make mistakes right??

Yes, we all make mistakes, and a select few scabs have gone on to make amends and regain some respect. A scab at CAL ended up being their MEC Chairman, and was pretty widely respected from my understanding. Another CAL scab has done pretty much every ALPA job imaginable and now sits on the national ALPA-PAC Steering Committee. So yes, it's possible. It takes many years of making amends, though. It's not something that can be done in days, weeks, or even a year. Simply walking a picket line or two and donating a bit of money to a strike fund ain't gonna cut it. And to be honest, there are some pilots that will truly never forgive you, no matter how much you do to make amends. For a striking pilot, nothing is worse than walking into his cockpit and stealing his job.

Dough, can you please make it possible to put a moderator on my ignore list?

Todd, you can handle reading a post that is irritating. He has an opinion and a right to express it. I think he is completely off base, but use it as an opportunity to make your case. Use it as a teaching moment...

Todd, you can handle reading a post that is irritating. He has an opinion and a right to express it. I think he is completely off base, but use it as an opportunity to make your case. Use it as a teaching moment...

Dale, I honestly think Ian's stance on unions is too ingrained for that.

Dale, I honestly think Ian's stance on unions is too ingrained for that.

I agree, but the mature and reasoned response from someone who understands the issues(aka Todd) can educate those watching... Ian believes what he wants, and we are not going to change that.

Ten years later.

187BBE11-96E0-4C3B-A2FF-731600C38D97.jpeg

Sad that the most prolific of scabbers (is that a word?) are sitting left seats of 777s and 787s.
Spoken like a true JetU grad. Since you are all about the money and your 401K and how Orangeman is helping with your nest egg I can almost guarantee you would be the first to cross the line.

Spoken like a true JetU grad. Since you are all about the money and your 401K and how Orangeman is helping with your nest egg I can almost guarantee you would be the first to cross the line.

Loosen your double breast. That was the most ridiculous conclusion I’ve read on JC for a long time, and that’s saying something.

1. Orangeman has helped ANYONE who had a 401K since 2016.
2. I wouldn’t scab because I don’t cross any picket lines.

Loosen your double breast. That was the most ridiculous conclusion I’ve read on JC for a long time, and that’s saying something.

1. Orangeman has helped ANYONE who had a 401K since 2016.
2. I wouldn’t scab because I don’t cross any picket lines.
Butthurt
I’m not one to defend @Cherokee_Cruiser , but don’t be a dick.
Haha ok. I’m the dick. Thanks buddy.

He may or may not have known.

Flying one leg, then calling the MEC and trying to fix things is different than crossing the picket line while mooning the pilots.
I don't know the particulars, and maybe he's a jerk.
Out of curiosity, if he respected a sickout, strike or other work action, and got fired, what then? Would the union do anything for him for being "principled"?

Back