What IDIOTS (Two Falcon Air Pilots Scab for Spirit)

Re: What IDIOTS

Uh, no.

Some of the shenanigans I've seen pulled at two different companies defy the imagination. They use, abuse, and have zero respect for pilots when push comes to shove. The only rights you have are the ones you fight for. Newcomers are often greeted with a harsh reality that was unexpected and undeclared.

Go troll somewhere else.

Large organized labor has always has a contentious and rollercoaster-like history. Airlines are no different. You knew what you were getting into the day you joined your airline - Eagle was it? I did as well. As did most others that joined in the last 10 years.

The day you signed up knowingly is the day you put your fists up. Unless you're a complete idiot, you know of the low pay, harsh schedules, furlough possibilities with economic downturns, and so forth. Read any forum for more than 10 minutes and you'll see that. Your whole idea of "newcomers are often greeted..." BS is just plain stupid and uneducated.

Large organized labor has always has a contentious and rollercoaster-like history. Airlines are no different. You knew what you were getting into the day you joined your airline - Eagle was it? I did as well. As did most others that joined in the last 10 years.

The day you signed up knowingly is the day you put your fists up. Unless you're a complete idiot, you know of the low pay, harsh schedules, furlough possibilities with economic downturns, and so forth. Read any forum for more than 10 minutes and you'll see that. Your whole idea of "newcomers are often greeted..." BS is just plain stupid and uneducated.

Dance around the statement, revert to ad hominem.

You have nothing to say. To the ignore list you go.

I became a mod when Dough was in 732 class, at that time JC was www.mindstring.com/~DTaylor and the message board was hosted by a 3rd party. I always try and behave, however there are some things I am passionate about and high on that list is bullying! If I do go to far I expect a phone call from Dough and if I had behaved in what would get others an infraction I have no problem recieving one too!

Seriously Dough, how do you pick these guys?

Good looks!

Seriously, we're all HAWT!!!

2361-hat-tip.gif

Bernie Madoff is a criminal - participated (in fact lead) criminal activity which costs many people millions of dollars. That is very different from someone who hasn't broken any laws and only overtook your position when you left it.

Let's say you have a job, a house, a wife, etc. You show up to work the next day, your boss says "We don't need you anymore. Oh, meet Laine. He'll be your replacement. Have a nice day." You're saying you'd just say "Oh, okay." and walk away with ZERO emotional response? Either you're a robot or you're not living in reality.

I have been replaced before - twice in fact! It happens all the time in corporate America. A salesman that reported better sales number in his interview will take your job - never did I feel ill will towards them. I did dislike the management, but never hit or wanted to hit them.

I'll also add, no, I did not grade on. The top 10 in a class grade on (which I am certainly not), and then you can write on otherwise.

I chose not to write on. I'm not interested in law review.

Did you not get the grade to try and write on? From what I have heard Law Review is the golden ticket in Law School - my wife graded on and everyone is making a HUGE deal out of it. I was more impressed with the fellowship she got that paid her to be a Civ Pro TA - shows what I know!

I have been replaced before - twice in fact! It happens all the time in corporate America. A salesman that reported better sales number in his interview will take your job - never did I feel ill will towards them. I did dislike the management, but never hit or wanted to hit them.

We're not talking about someone that outperformed you. We're talking about you come into work and someone less qualified than you is now doing your job.....for less pay. I still stand by my statement. If you have zero emotional response to losing your job, you're a robot. Besides, I haven't seen any threats of physical violence. I've seen the Spirit MEC telling him not picket because they are concerned of repercussions, but that's it.

I think the basis of outperforming based on an interview is a far fetch - I know one person was less qualified but was a friend of the manager and that is why he replaced me, the other way a girl that I think the manager thought was better looking than me. Neither case was my review bad or this was expected in anyway. My response was zero as it is part of working in this country, where employer loyalty is lacking.

ALPA doesn't have a very good history - in 1979 they said they wanted to produce suicides in the families of scabs.

I saw it on Dateline with the NWA employees murder that they believed was an inside airline job after she was labeled a snitch - it was some time ago, but I believe that was when I really thought ALPA's stance on strikebreakers was over the top and something I disliked. It is no secret that unions are traditionally thugs and that airlines are no different.

but I believe that was when I really thought ALPA's stance on strikebreakers was over the top and something I disliked. It is no secret that unions are traditionally thugs and that airlines are no different.

I was a teamster roofer, and there is no way that airline unions are anywhere near the knuckle dragging goons that make up that strata of the union ranks. You wanna see real unionism at work? Go work a loading dock in Philly. And the unions in Europe and elsewhere aren't any more enlightened" when it comes to enforcement of union policies. Heck, US unions are seen as pushovers by them.

Did you not get the grade to try and write on? From what I have heard Law Review is the golden ticket in Law School - my wife graded on and everyone is making a HUGE deal out of it. I was more impressed with the fellowship she got that paid her to be a Civ Pro TA - shows what I know!

As far as grades, I don't know; I don't have all my grades back yet.

It depends on what you're interested in doing.

I have little interest in making legal research and writing the core focus of my career and thus, law review holds little for me at this point in my law school career. To some people law review is the holy grail of law school, but it isn't to me.

That may change next year, and I may attempt to write on at that point.

Until then, I don't have much of an interest in it.

The company going out of business is the risk you take. Not some dirty SCAB walking on the property and stealing your work. I can live with the former. Anyone that does the latter deserves many horrible things to happen to him.

The guy made a mistake that he will have to live with for the rest of his career, but is there nothing he can do to make up for it? What if joins Spirit in their strike and supports the works of ALPA for the rest of his career?

We all make mistakes right??

Some things repentance doesn't work for, even if it is genuine (and I have doubts in this case.) If someone assaulted your daughter or son you wouldn't really have an open mind when he then showed up to apologize and provide counseling to him/her. Your family wouldn't want him around.

Back