USMC demand for jet pilots

Yeah I wasn't the Tnotch guy, I was a post GHWB I budget cut so commisioned in 91, but didn't start API until 92. Have they threatened you with an IA yet?

Yeah I wasn't the Tnotch guy, I was a post GHWB I budget cut so commisioned in 91, but didn't start API until 92. Have they threatened you with an IA yet?

Oh yeah, during my entire DH tour. I actually had somewhat of a choice, do a second deployment or face a 6 mos to 1yr IA. I did the second deployment in which I came home half way. Actually, we had an O-3 screw up and he was sent on a year IA, IED tour in Iraq. The wing wanted a COD guy and us O-4's were constantly rotating on the list. Once this LT screwd up though, he was done for so the front office sent him. However, being I'll have just over 3 years until retirement after this tour and being I would like to retire here, looks like I have to do a one year IA or whatever it's called now. I'm trying to work a one year Bahrain deal but my take is if I want T-6A's out of VT-4 or 10, I'll have to do a hard IA.

Yeah, that's why I'm now Civ-Air. Being a non command selected guy with no boat tours makes the detailers mouths start to water on how to get you. I did a one year IA, but that was before it became super painful. (CENTCOM planner with dets to QA).

Chief Warrants are commissioned officers. I thought that the W1 grade was a traditional warrant officer and not commissioned.

The Navy had their last W1 "warrant" warrant officers for LPN nurses back in the 1990s.

Either way, they are "officers".
Yeah my pops was one of the last W1's. He was an HM1 and got on with the Technical Nurse Warrant program back in 1990. Heck that program no longer exhists either. The Navy is wacky with their warrant programs!:rolleyes:

Back