Industry Turn

IMG_7185.jpeg

Do you get an AA pilot seniority number the day you show up to class at Envoy?

You need to stop misrepresenting and write the clear facts.

They are two separate airlines, with separate pilot groups, and one is a regional while the other is a legacy. WGAF is it’s wholly owned by American Airlines Group. Those of us around a while remember when it was AMRon. No one cares if Air Group owns the regional and the major.

You’re still outsourced work, and the mothership can decide one day to say sayonara and change the terms of flowing, hiring, or even cutting/ending AA regional feed because someone else can do it cheaper and more efficiently.

Respectfully, you’ve sold nothing but BS here.
This clown has been saying stuff like this on various forums for an entire decade.

With the recent developments of UPS and FedEx reducing their pilot numbers along with Spirit stopping hiring for the near future, it’s time to look at Envoy and what it offers in terms of flow to American Airlines. I’ve said this before and I’m saying it again now. If you had just listened and gotten your foot in the door a while back when I was noting the benefits of working at Envoy and the fast flow to AA, you would be so much closer to that AA seat.

Good news. American has huge retirement numbers and Envoy is going to be hiring and flowing like crazy over the next few years. If you’re FedEx, UPS or Spirit, I would seriously give Envoy a look. You don’t want to be on the outside looking in when the music stops. It’s happened many times in the past and will happen again. Fortunately, American is the best positioned to weather the storm and a secure comfy seat in a 73, Bus, Triple or 78 is where you want to be. Captain upgrades are dropping like a rock at AA which means when you flow, your right seat time will be short. Being wholly owned by American is like buying a rock solid insurance policy. You’ll have NN tailed airplanes to fly in a pure 175 fleet, matching uniforms to AA, Jetnet, DECS and everything else AA has to offer.

Envoy is recruiting now and they are looking for only experienced aviators with solid resumes.
Screenshot 2023-11-23 at 12.50.10.png

I mean the uni sounds pretty sick. The 175 is almost as big as the 737.

So much pride.

I mean, I went trolling, I mean rolling up to a 175 and a 777 and you know, they're really hard to tell apart. Same ties, same epaulets, if I was a 777 captain at FDX, I'd heavy consider that generous offer to fly for a wholly-owned.

I mean, I went trolling, I mean rolling up to a 175 and a 777 and you know, they're really hard to tell apart. Same ties, same epaulets, if I was a 777 captain at FDX, I'd heavy consider that generous offer to fly for a wholly-owned.

“dacuj likes this”

FedEx and UPS pilots with guns is beyond stupid. Sure, there was the Calloway incident. But let’s get real. No external factor is hijacking a FedEx or UPS plane, unless you have a guy high on ‘shrooms and even that is an internal threat. Cargo? Just a reason for old farts to carry their real weiner (handgun) with them.
Is there some reason that firearms aren't useful against an insider threat?

Mainly because if the other person really wants to do something and you are a FFDO, they’re gonna wait until you go to the bathroom and then pull a Chine Eastern on you.
I'm not talking about flight crew.

Have you had the pleasure of jumpseating through a Memphis night hub turn and observed all of the folks working the ramp and the sort facility? Or gone out to the parking lot and seen the buses that bring hub workers in from various cities around Memphis, especially during peak season?

Well I'm just gonna stop you right there. That FFDO firearm is protect that flight deck. Nothing else.

Have you had the pleasure of jumpseating through a Memphis night hub turn?

Yes, when I commuted to SFO to DTW through MEM on Fedex. I've also gone through Fedex's facility at EWR and the security checks there were (IMO) thorough.

One time from DTW to EWR on a 757, the CA briefed me if I saw a random person come from that side path of the main deck, into the galley area where I am, I was to ring up the flight deck right away and inform him. I LOLed. But then realized, he's actually serious.

Have you had the pleasure of jumpseating through a Memphis night hub turn and observed all of the folks working the ramp and the sort facility? Or gone out to the parking lot and seen the buses that bring hub workers in from various cities around Memphis, especially during peak season?
Whats that got to do with FFDO?

I’m not even sure what it means with zero elaboration.
Apparently the guidance for using the gun outside of the flight deck for any reason is to don’t.
I’m not an FFDO, and I’m not sure if it only applies to using it under the status of being an FFDO, or if it applies to the gun itself because it the one you’re to only use as an FFDO or whatnot.
Maybe the gun you’re registered to use while acting as an FFDO can’t be used at all in any other circumstances, even in accordance with federal and state rules/regulations/laws?

Back