Industry Turn

IMG_9445.jpeg

"Can you believe that guy wants us to hire him? He doesn't even have an Instagram account or a You Tube channel.

You asked him what one thing is a no go item and he didn't even THINK to mention his GoPro or selfie stick."

"Sure he's got a lot of MD11 time, but did you ask him to demonstrate his Guard Meow?"

"Reject!"

Honestly it is good to show counterpoints. New people do come on here and if they have aspirations for a specific legacy they should read more than just propaganda from a recruiter. I have found a lot of recruiters (mostly regional recruiters) tend to twist information a lot. Kind of like the Army recruiter that told me about them having more fixed wing aircraft than the Air Force.

At a recent FFDO training (Can I say that? Is it SSI??) all of the cat's meow carriers were represented. FedEX, UPS, Delta, American, United etc. All places I've wanted to work and/or gotten a TBNT from.

Everyone was sitting around and bitching about their jobs. Crazy how every single place has it's issues and at the end of the day, it is still a job. Certainly not worth basing one's identity around or gambling with major expectations.

I also noticed: Everyone was bitching except for me. I'm pretty happy with where I am at. I feel like I earned it enough to not have imposter's syndrome but humble enough to let the FO I'm flying with know that they better watch me because their career is at stake too.

I'm having a ton of fun and while I'm certain there are better situations out there, I don't take a minute of it for granted.

"Can you believe that guy wants us to hire him? He doesn't even have an Instagram account or a You Tube channel.

You asked him what one thing is a no go item and he didn't even THINK to mention his GoPro or selfie stick."

"Sure he's got a lot of MD11 time, but did you ask him to demonstrate his Guard Meow?"

"Reject!"
Ha!

On a serious note, whenever I see some video on IG by some airline pilot, I can't help but find it vapid.

"30 seconds of a video of a pilot watching a screen as the other pilot lands in LGA. Wow, Neil freaking Armstrong, bro." :)

FedEx and UPS pilots with guns is beyond stupid. Sure, there was the Calloway incident. But let’s get real. No external factor is hijacking a FedEx or UPS plane, unless you have a guy high on ‘shrooms and even that is an internal threat. Cargo? Just a reason for old farts to carry their real weiner (handgun) with them.

I made a joke to one FFDO once while meeting them, or “you enjoy the sprawling metropolis of Artesia. NM?”

“Man, you can’t be mentioning that place by name! SSI!!”

Oh hush the hell up, clown.
I’ve got multiple family members from Artesia.

Spent 3 weeks there when I was 14.

It was….interesting.

At a recent FFDO training (Can I say that? Is it SSI??) all of the cat's meow carriers were represented. FedEX, UPS, Delta, American, United etc. All places I've wanted to work and/or gotten a TBNT from.

Everyone was sitting around and bitching about their jobs. Crazy how every single place has it's issues and at the end of the day, it is still a job. Certainly not worth basing one's identity around or gambling with major expectations.

I also noticed: Everyone was bitching except for me. I'm pretty happy with where I am at. I feel like I earned it enough to not have imposter's syndrome but humble enough to let the FO I'm flying with know that they better watch me because their career is at stake too.

I'm having a ton of fun and while I'm certain there are better situations out there, I don't take a minute of it for granted.
Million dollar complainers is what I call them. It’s usually the folks at or near the top that do the most complaining.

Unless Envoy has some special deal they don't have an AA seniority number until they flow to AA. It makes me laugh when one of the wholly owned crowd says they work for AA. No. You work for Enovy/PSA/Piedmont.
Envoy is wholly owned by AA. Their planes are all registered to American Airlines. NN tail numbers, same DECS entries and paperwork. Same uniforms, procedures, Jetnet, same non rev priority and benefits. Yeah, everybody on the American and Envoy lists work for American Airlines Group.

Recently I was in BNA and headed to the gate. I could see 4 AA tails and as I got closer, it was two 175s bookending two 738s. I literally couldn't tell the difference. Almost the same size aircraft, AA tails and paint. Couldn't have been more proud at the moment to be AA/Envoy. Walking up to the gate, I saw the Envoy crew. Again, literally couldn't tell the difference between the my AA crew and them. One and the same.

Last edited:
Envoy is wholly owned by AA. Their planes are all registered to American Airlines. NN tail numbers, same DECS entries and paperwork. Same uniforms, procedures, Jetnet, same non rev priority and benefits. Yeah, everybody on the American and Envoy lists work for American Airlines Group.

Recently I was in BNA and headed to the gate. I could see 4 AA tails and as I got closer, it was two 175s bookending two 738s. I literally couldn't tell the difference. Almost the same size aircraft, AA tails and paint. Couldn't have been more proud at the moment to be AA/Envoy. Walking up to the gate, I saw the Envoy crew. Again, literally couldn't tell the difference between the my AA crew and them. One and the same.

Do you get an AA pilot seniority number the day you show up to class at Envoy?

You need to stop misrepresenting and write the clear facts.

They are two separate airlines, with separate pilot groups, and one is a regional while the other is a legacy. WGAF is it’s wholly owned by American Airlines Group. Those of us around a while remember when it was AMRon. No one cares if Air Group owns the regional and the major.

You’re still outsourced work, and the mothership can decide one day to say sayonara and change the terms of flowing, hiring, or even cutting/ending AA regional feed because someone else can do it cheaper and more efficiently.

Respectfully, you’ve sold nothing but BS here.

Their paychecks must be the same too!

That’s like saying, the minor league ball team OKC dodgers are just like the real Los Angeles dodgers! The uniforms and everything, you seriously can’t tell the difference. (Insert inappropriate motion emoji right the eff here)

Back