XJT here I come!

SJFLYER

Interviewed with expressJet today and got the thumbs up.
My class date is for Dec 6. My times were 700TT and 130 multi. I have a CFI, CFI-I, MEI and a CL- 65 type rating. Out of 16 candidates they hired 10. They are hiring 500 pilots in the next 12 months so if you meet their minimums 600/100 go to their website and apply online.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the call, when you were in town!
mad.gif
Congrats. It's too late tonight to call, so I'll wait till tomorrow.

You got a jet type rating at under 700 hours total with no practical experience in jets? How much turbine time did you have when you got that type rating?

Not meaning to burst your bubble and I'm happy you got a job at XJT. But I see it as a TRAVESTY that it's possible to get a jet type rating with so little flight time. I hope that ticket in your pocket doesn't make you think you're qualified to be a CL65 Captain in real life....as it was meant to be. At least that's the way I see it. Did you go to DCA?

Gawd...what is this world coming too.....

[ QUOTE ]
You got a jet type rating at under 700 hours total with no practical experience in jets?
... I see it as a TRAVESTY that it's possible to get a jet type rating with so little flight time. I hope that ticket in your pocket doesn't make you think you're qualified to be a CL65 Captain in real life....as it was meant to be.
Gawd...what is this world coming too.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 1000%

And they believe seeing the low speed awareness tape at FL410 is normal
banghead.gif
banghead.gif
banghead.gif
banghead.gif

Another question: Who the ******** will type a +/-700 hour pilot?
shocked.gif
I have more time than that as a CFI.

SO is there a flight hour requirement for pilot's who want to get type rated? I understand being a line pilot and earning a type rating and moving up to captain. So if I had 500 hrs and 100 multi and I wanted to get a type rating for Citations or Lears so I could get a corprate gig, would that be wrong also, or is it in s different league. Anyways it's not doing him any good, since he'll be flying the ERJ.

[ QUOTE ]
Another question: Who the ******** will type a +/-700 hour pilot?
shocked.gif
I have more time than that as a CFI.

[/ QUOTE ]Ummmm . . . the military, for one.

edit:Actually, I don't know if what the military does would be considered a type, but pilots in all the services are soloing jets at well under 700 hrs.

He was probably involved one of Flight Saftey's program's. I ran into another CFI up this way that had a Gulfstream type rating when he had like 500 hours. He was able to sit in the right seat and be the sim partner with someone that was the odd man out at FSI. He was able to get into this program because he had done all his training at FSI.

It's not useful, it's just something to do while you're waiting for a real job I believe.

[ QUOTE ]
There you go!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Not exactly, read the first sentence about their initial class.

"Our Initial Course includes 3 hours in the Citation jet and is designed especially for experienced and active pilots with either an airline, corporate, training and/or military flying background."

Freakin' thread hijackers!

Congratulations on getting hired at Express Jet man, that is outstanding.

Don't they also require 20 actual? That's my achilles heal living in SoCal.

Have fun.

Surf

"500 hrs and 100 multi and I wanted to get a type rating for Citations or Lears so I could get a corprate gig, would that be wrong also,"

I think so. Having type rating means, in my mind, anyway, you are qualified to be Capt of the jet. You shouldn't be able to get a type rating unless you are qualifed to be Capt of the jet. A guy with 500 total and 100 multi is NOT qualified to be the PIC of a Learjet. The insurance company would laugh their head off.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There you go!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Not exactly, read the first sentence about their initial class.

"Our Initial Course includes 3 hours in the Citation jet and is designed especially for experienced and active pilots with either an airline, corporate, training and/or military flying background."

[/ QUOTE ]

Or, the next part...

"We also offer an Expanded Course with 5 hours in the jet, which includes additional air work to help ensure successful completion of the check ride. "

smirk.gif

Dear thread hijackers,

Last time I checked there are no minimums for a type rating. I got my CL-65 from CAE Denver. Same facility that does CRJ training for Air Wisconsin, Mesa and American Eagle. I took a check ride with a DPE who is an examiner for Air Wisconsin and found me to have met the standards set by the FAA and competent to act as PIC on a CL-65. I do have a 25hr restriction on my certificate.

There are plenty of captains out there that upgrade into the CRJ without ever setting foot on the CL-65 flight deck and some of them had never flown a jet or a glass cockpit prior to their upgrade. I admit that they have a few extra tricks on their bags that they picked up through the years that help them make sound decisions and enhance safety on the line. After all I never claimed to have the operational experience to operate the CRJ in the line.
However, I do have the systems knowledge and ability to fly the CRJ just as well as any newly CL-65 typed pilot.

The point of the type is not to get a street captain job flying the CRJ; it is however, to demonstrate that at 700 hours I can handle a sophisticated aircraft and that I am able to complete any regional airline training program with little or no problems. After all XJT only flies ERJ 135 and 145.

SJ Flyer

By "only", I'm pretty sure he meant "exclusively", unless XJT got some of their Bro's back???

FYI, many European carriers type their FO's in jets with as little as 300 hours. I'm sure you'll also be disgusted to know that they complete the majority of their training, all the way to frozen ATPL, at some of the academies here in the U.S. that y'all love to hate.

[ QUOTE ]
FYI, many European carriers type their FO's in jets with as little as 300 hours. I'm sure you'll also be disgusted to know that they complete the majority of their training, all the way to frozen ATPL, at some of the academies here in the U.S. that y'all love to hate.

[/ QUOTE ]

They also have very different operational philosophies and procedures compared to US carriers. Comparing US Airlines to most European Airlines regarding hiring standards ia about the same as using the military low-time argument. It's different here.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
...been doing this for 20+ years I'm well aware of that.

But FYI.....Did you know if you go "over there" with the SAME requirements you will NOT qualify??? Yet many people come over here and are given a job on US soil, with US carriers while US citizens are turned away. What's wrong with this picture?

Back