Where would you like to be buried?

I’ll be with better men than me.

IMG_0127.jpeg

I did the VIP tour at Disney, but they refused to show me Walt’s cryo tube under Cinderella’s castle.

Some advise for the guys: If your wife asks you this question, don’t say buried in your sister’s ____. Death will come sooner than you think.

- Unknown comedian on the internet.

Unless something changes unexpectedly, I'll be buried in the family plot which happens to be right across the little cemetery-road from Col. Sanders. Follow the gold line in Cave Hill, give your regards to the good Colonel, and I will be right behind you, resting peacefully, precisely where I belong. Peak Kentucky. Cats Cats Cats!

Hole in the bottom of the sea.

There’s a flea on the tail of a frog on a bump on a log in a hole at the bottom of the sea...

Either that, or at the site of Forrest Fenn's Fortune.

Or, most likely, mixed with the billions of other randomly scattered ashes after we stupid humans precipitate the "very little bang" that takes us all at the same time to Valhalla or the various and sundry other places non-Norwegians go to find their ultimate nothingness, 5-750 virgins, and apricots falling from the trees. Oh wait, no, that's the Santa Clara valley as recently as 1970. Wherever we go, it always soooo much easier on the pscyche to know - with certainty- that everyone else begins the journey with you.

Last edited:
I don’t really care. I’ll be dead. With that, I want my body to be disposed of by my loved ones in a manner that 1, makes them happiest, and 2, impacts them finances and daily life the least.

If I had to choose… cadaver research body farm or composted.

Hole in the bottom of the sea.

There’s a flea on the tail of a frog on a bump on a log in a hole at the bottom of the sea...

Either that, or at the site of Forrest Fenn's Fortune.

Or, most likely, mixed with the billions of other randomly scattered ashes after we stupid humans precipitate the "very little bang" that takes us all at the same time to Valhalla or the various and sundry other places non-Norwegians go to find their ultimate nothingness, 5-750 virgins, and apricots falling from the trees. Oh wait, no, that's the Santa Clara valley as recently as 1970. Wherever we go, it always soooo much easier on the pscyche to know - with certainty- that everyone else begins the journey with you.
Truth. Two things we share with all those around us, for uncounted millenia; those being birth and death, of course. There may be other things we share with subsets of humanity as we pass our years, but I can't think of any universal experience beyond those two.

Not wanting to be cavalier about it, I'd note it's rather sad sometimes to be so much closer to the end than the beginning but I find there is something strangely comforting in knowing I won't be plowing new ground when that day arrives.

Truth. Two things we share with all those around us, for uncounted millenia; those being birth and death, of course. There may be other things we share with subsets of humanity as we pass our years, but I can't think of any universal experience beyond those two.

Not wanting to be cavalier about it, I'd note it's rather sad sometimes to be so much closer to the end than the beginning but I find there is something strangely comforting in knowing I won't be plowing new ground when that day arrives.
I can: Ignorance. Apathy. Disassociation. Suggestibility. Magical Thinking. Greed. Flatulence. ...and Taxes ...and Greed. Oh, and "bringing our towels".

Actually, 86 the greed. Monkeys were super greedy, too. That's precisely why we, unevolved monkeys continue in the greed tradition. We have found ourselves incapable of evolving beyond that greed. Used to be bananas; Now it's BMWs.

The only really "advanced fashion" in which we homo "sapiens" differentiate ourselves from Pan troglodytes and Pan paniscus is via our BMWs and our "problem solving skills". Hydra-like (yeah, that's ancient Greek), we humans create at least three new problems for every problem we "solve". A big part of that is that we human have forgotten what an actual problem is Even though we invented language, we are no longer capable of defining our terms. We humans tend to add more buttons to coffee making machines not because those buttons are actually required, but simply because we CAN add more buttons... and that's soooper cool and trendy.

Last edited:
I can: Ignorance. Apathy. Disassociation. Greed. Flatulence... and Taxes. The only really "advanced fashion" in which we differentiate ourselves from Pan troglodytes and Pan paniscus is via our BMWs and our "problem solving skills". Hydra-like (yeah, that's ancient Greek), we humans create at least three new problems for every problem we "solve". A big part of that is that we human have forgotten what an actual problem is Even though we invented language, we are no longer capable of defining our terms. We humans tend to add more buttons to coffee making machines not because those buttons are actually required, but simply because we CAN add more buttons... and that's soooper cool and trendy.
Those would be "subsets" in my feeble mind; however common, not universal as an iron-clad rule. To make it more clear, my focus was on the uncounted billions (?) who have lived and died before I will, or you - across the globe, around the world. While I share more of your perspective than you might guess, "our BMWs" and "problem solving skills" define a relatively small (I think) percentage of all humanity which has lived and died.

Taxes? Although increasingly rare as modernity encroaches more-and-more around the world requiring a need to fund services for a populace, there are entire countries without income tax today and, certainly, my Great Uncle Grog in his cave millions of years distant from this moment worried not a whit about taxes of any kind. I have no particular interest researching the intervening centuries, but any places on earth which don't impose taxes - Bing might be a place to start if one had enough time/interest to pursue such a thing.

I maintain that the only two things we universally share with all human life (past, present and future around the globe) are birth and death, the latter being the point - at least for me (it need not be for you or anyone else).

YMMV🤷‍♂️

In any event, I bid you Good Night in favor of dog-time before our own bed.

A family member set aside money in her will so family and friends can spread her ashes at her favorite travel destinations. I thought that was pretty cool and I may do the same. Otherwise I'll be on the china cabinet shelf next to Sophia and Porter the cats.

Unless something changes unexpectedly, I'll be buried in the family plot which happens to be right across the little cemetery-road from Col. Sanders. Follow the gold line in Cave Hill, give your regards to the good Colonel, and I will be right behind you, resting peacefully, precisely where I belong. Peak Kentucky. Cats Cats Cats!
Oh that's gonna be real convenient for me when I go to cross-off "Pee on Mitch McConnell's grave" from my bucket list.

Back