Where would you like to be buried?

giphy.gif

This is an odd question. If you're the religious sort of person than I suppose you'd have to be buried/interred/disposed of to ensure you don't stumble on your last step into heaven. Or you might be the sort of narcissistic person that wants your survivors to have a place to come cry once a year. And then there's another group that doesn't care because they'll be dead. Perhaps there's a bit of empathy for having a spot where the people who truly loved you can visit to assuage their anguish when they feel compelled. I don't understand it, half of my family is in a mausoleum in Portland, the last time I was there I placed my grandmothers ashes into a wall next to her parents and extended family. I loved her very much and although I was a poor dirtbag it was not too much to ask me to find a way up there to do that for her, that's what she wanted. I've never gone back. When I buckle for the final time I honestly don't care where I end up. Why would I? I already know why, there's a drawer just under my grandmothers spot waiting for my mom. So I'll do it again. Also it seems as if that airport encroached on some private property and those folks had no idea airplanes would be landing in close proximity. I wonder if they made badges for them?

I want to be cremated and have my ashes put inside a disc golf basket so that way I’ll be sure my disc golf buds will miss me
I used to play regularly, it was basically a walk in the park with some friends exercising and competing, most of the time I brought my dog. Just a fun morning or afternoon. I still have a bag full of discs containing at least one putter, three mid range and four drivers although I haven't played in 20 years. It gets a bad reputation because it seems to attract a group of people who just want to smoke weed and think playing is somehow "sticking it to the man". My group while not entirely straight laced buttoned up types just liked to have a little fun, it was not unusual to find a couple 16oz beers in my bag and others in my group might've been ingesting the devils lettuce. Oak Grove (what I'd consider as my home course) literally sits just below JPL and lots of the employees would play. The core portion of my group also played real golf regularly (my dog had to stay home and a t-shirt wasn't acceptable). Sometimes people that were great players would go off their rocker and end up living in the park, there was a guy that was so good back in the late '80s early '90s that they made videos about him. One day his switch flipped and he literally ended up living down by the river. I recall one time as we were walking towards the basket on one of the holes and a bedraggled looking version of this person came out of the bushes and asked "Do you have a cellular telephone? I need to place a call.", it was probably '92ish and no one at a disc golf course actually carried a phone at that time. I think it's a great sport with a bad reputation.

If I go before the wife does, I want to be cremated. If the roles were reversed and she was in a cemetery in our town, I'd never be able to move away from that town should the need arise. I wouldn't want her to be encumbered with the same dilemma, especially when getting out of town might be exactly what she needs to start a new life.

If she goes first, I don't really care what happens to me. Trash day is on Wednesdays.

If I go before the wife does, I want to be cremated. If the roles were reversed and she was in a cemetery in our town, I'd never be able to move away from that town should the need arise. I wouldn't want her to be encumbered with the same dilemma, especially when getting out of town might be exactly what she needs to start a new life.

If she goes first, I don't really care what happens to me. Trash day is on Wednesdays.
To be real and morbid I want my ashes scattered over the s-turns enroute to Gustavus, preferably by a pilot I’ve worked with and from a plane I worked on.

I want to be burned and my ashes spread in the rolling green hills of rural Ireland. I will not accept anything else. Yes this was in my wedding vows.

Back