What made you choose freight?

My plan is some polite badgering into something more permanent. I'm here because for some reason I have this need to fly pieces of crap. Haha Is Polar hiring in a year? :D

My plan is some polite badgering into something more permanent. I'm here because for some reason I have this need to fly pieces of crap. Haha Is Polar hiring in a year? :D

Probably.

No one will apply either after the Dream Jobs start hiring in steady state.

To do 70K you would need to be training 100% of the time. Rarely happens. And I made 55K my second year at a regional. But it is tough the first year... 26K. But that is essentially the same as first year at amf... 28K.
And my buddy will not go to a regional because he is upside down on his house.

I know one guy doing it, but he IS doing training 100% of the time. I think he's got a type in every aircraft at the company.

Probably.

No one will apply either after the Dream Jobs start hiring in steady state.
Seems to me that that would actually be a good place to camp out for awhile, but I'm just barely scratching the surface of 121 supplemental at this point.

I know one guy doing it, but he IS doing training 100% of the time. I think he's got a type in every aircraft at the company.

And hasn't had a day off in months. The guys in the training dept are flying 6 days a week and on the 7th you are doing ground.

I fly a 767 for a freight airline, and have also flown the same equipment with passengers. I assure you that it's all quite the same.

I highly doubt you are flying inverted, with one engine inop, in severe icing and turbulence to 50' and 1/8th mile one every leg all while solving the world's problems, from the right seat; in a 767....

do I need it? Yup, I need it.

/sarcasm

I fly a 767 for a freight airline, and have also flown the same equipment with passengers. I assure you that it's all quite the same.
Not in props. You can do things in freight you simply cannot do with people aboard if you ever want those people to fly again.

Not in props. You can do things in freight you simply cannot do with people aboard if you ever want those people to fly again.

You could do things in a 767 freighter that you shouldn't do in a pax aircraft too, but that doesn't mean you do it.

I highly doubt you are flying inverted, with one engine inop, in severe icing and turbulence to 50' and 1/8th mile one every leg all while solving the world's problems, from the right seat; in a 767....

do I need it? Yup, I need it.

/sarcasm
You forgot that the other engine is on fire and you're in a supercell thunderstorm

And hasn't had a day off in months. The guys in the training dept are flying 6 days a week and on the 7th you are doing ground.
I think those guys are nuts! The poor guy that did my recurrent at midnight and then rode with me to another airport to do another one at 6 A.M. BARF! I wasn't very enthused about doing a checkride at midnight, but he had it WAY worse. :confused:

Back