What IDIOTS (Two Falcon Air Pilots Scab for Spirit)

Re: What IDIOTS

Very doubtful it will really impact their careers, I mean who carriers a scab list? I don't, and honestly I don't really have the time to even bother looking every jumpseaters name up. Plus companies would love to hire scabs.

I do. Searchable PDF on my laptop, which is next to me in the cockpit.

I haven't looked anyone up and denied them the jumpseat, yet. The only scabs I run across are CAL scabs and their "forgiven." I just to use it to justify why the guy was such a dick. For the most part, CAL scabs have a unique employee number. Not all with that employee number are scabs, but it holds true for most. The ones that aren't scabs will tell you!

Some of you guys love the smell of blood too much. I was an hour late for a show once. I was coming off 4 days of crew rest and a 2 week trip before that. Not once did I catch that daylight savings time had come. My superiors coul not believe my story. Even though I had never been late before, they had the taste of blood in their mouths.

I give people the benefit of the doubt, but this sounds like a Timothy Martins type excuse. I bet he's happy to be out of the ALPA spot light now.

It would be interesting to hear the ATC tapes to see if he was indeed using "NKS 2098" call sign or if it was Spirit. I guess that might confirm some of his story.

I agree.

I've been reading some more -- all second hand mind you -- and there seem to be too many inconsistencies with his story. Right now I feel he was pressured by his company and he did know what was really going on. He could have easily lost his job. With only 1800 hrs, he'd lose his opportunity to fly jets, and maybe he'd be deported. I have no idea.

I say let the MEC decide.

I say let the MEC decide.

This is what I am going with. I will let the Spirit MEC decide if this guy crossed their picket line. If in the end they say he did then that is what I will go with. To me it is the unions whos line was crossed decision to label someone a scab for flying their flights while on strike.

Very doubtful it will really impact their careers, I mean who carriers a scab list? I don't, and honestly I don't really have the time to even bother looking every jumpseaters name up. Plus companies would love to hire scabs.

Actually, companies hate to hire scabs. They know that scabs create workplace conflicts and create environments that are conducive to hostile workplace complaints. It's easier for them to hire non-scabs who don't create those sorts or problems. The plight of the SCAB: hated by both labor and management.

Well since the CP and DO stepped down Friday, there are only a handful of management pilots.

The former CP walked the picket line in FLL today. I had to take a minute to shake the guy's hand. We need more management pilots like him that are willing to stand their ground and do the right thing. Bravo, sir.

I am supprised nobody has pulled the liveatc tape to see what callsign he was using on the way down. ...

I would say if that doesn't check out, in my eyes nothing else would

It would be interesting to hear the ATC tapes to see if he was indeed using "NKS 2098" call sign or if it was Spirit. I guess that might confirm some of his story.

I'd be curious to hear this myself.

Can you imagine what happens if Spirit flops and these guys need to look for work. The FO doesn't exactly have a common name. His Google ranking will be filled with references to him being a scab.

I'm still very uneducated about this whole deal but because he flew a charter of a Spirit flight does that in fact mean he now has a vested interest in what happens with Spirit from here on out such as he is now a Spirit pilot? Or what do you mean by that?

I don't know about the rest of you but that lame story is the worst I have ever heard....they told me to go down this side road...I saw cameras.....the captain already got clearance ...I didn't know I didn't know I didn't know. I am pulling the shenanigan lever on this one. Sounds like he knows he is a weasel and is just trying to play it down.

I think FLL knew too. They are controllers! They know NKS is spirit and they were playing along because they knew they were trying to make an escape from FLL without being outed. SHENANIGANS!

After hearing the audio files, I think he knew what was going down...so the one last shred of hope that he had is gone...SCAB and liar...I hope that whatever Falcon's management promised him was worth it.

One has to wonder as well..why didn't someone over FLL Ground call him out on it? I know I heard JetBlue and seems there was a Delta flight taxiing too...

Had I been taxiing around in the 414 at that point, I would have asked how it felt to be a dirty rotten SCAB...I would use more choice words, but I think the FCC frowns pretty heavily on that...

One has to wonder as well..why didn't someone over FLL Ground call him out on it? I know I heard JetBlue and seems there was a Delta flight taxiing too...

Didn't the strike just start a few hours before that? I ran into a Spirit CA in Fort Myers. If he hadn't told me the strike started I wouldn't have known. I knew it was probably coming but hadn't heard anything definitive until then.

The ground controller at the beginning almost sounded amused by the fact that the pilots were saying "NKS" vs the actual callsign. And then the tower controller on the return flight sounded a little less than pleased.

It did sound like the first controller heard on the recording is almost trying not to laugh or something.

And yes, the last one sounds pissed. Understandable of course, since they're unionized too.

It did sound like the first controller heard on the recording is almost trying not to laugh or something.

And yes, the last one sounds pissed. Understandable of course, since they're unionized too.

I'm sure it was hard for the controllers to not make any remarks...I thought they remained professional given the circumstances.

Didn't the strike just start a few hours before that? I ran into a Spirit CA in Fort Myers. If he hadn't told me the strike started I wouldn't have known. I knew it was probably coming but hadn't heard anything definitive until then.

I knew via Twitter, but I'm a techno-geek.

<OT> Fins, has your system bid come out yet? Went to the open house in MCO last month, and I'm still waiting eagerly by the phone for a call to interview. Here's hoping I didn't lynch myself or something.... </OT>

How much do you bet that CAL fo named as a reference on bulk's resume wishes he could take that back right now?

I got to listen finally. Nobody "fooled" him into that flight except for himself. The only fooling I see, is him thinking he wouldn't be called out.

How much do you bet that CAL fo named as a reference on bulk's resume wishes he could take that back right now?

I got to listen finally. Nobody "fooled" him into that flight except for himself. The only fooling I see, is him thinking he wouldn't be called out.

Another message board that I was reading, said that CAL FO was a scab himself.

Back