"Welcome to Costco, I love you..."

Not defending her actions by any means,but a lot of those super smart genius types have literally no social skills at all,so his rushed answer to her may have came off suspicious to her. There was an ER doctor at a hospital we transported patients to..super smart guy,he could explain stuff that even other docs didn't understand.....but zero personality and social skills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So now everyone with social anxiety and a tan is a terrorist threat.

A few years ago, one guy I was flying with got wrapped around the axle over the middle of the ocean and said something of the sorts that the US should ban Muslims from airplanes.

And it just so happened that the other copilot was Muslim.

"So, do you want to kick off ________ ?"

"Why?"

"Because he's Muslim"

*blank stare*

A few years ago, one guy I was flying with got wrapped around the axle over the middle of the ocean and said something of the sorts that the US should ban Muslims from airplanes.

"Why?"

"Because he's Muslim"

*blank stare*
If we ban white dudes from renting Ryder trucks

"Why?"

"Because he's Muslim"

*blank stare*

And then on the layover, it was "So uhh, you can drink beer but you're not going to eat any pork? So you can't eat that? That's just weird"

Me: "Hey man, I hate salmon but I love sushi, how is that easier to understand?"

People gotta expand their aperture.

"Why?"

"Because he's Muslim"

*blank stare*

I had that happen recently. CA was talking about how we need Trump, he's going to fix what Obama has screwed up, and he's going to make America great, and ban Muslims. I simply said, "so if I leave the country on a vacation or something, you are okay with me and my wife/child being banned from entering here?" I think the light bulb lit up in him, and to his credit, he changed the subject immediately.

Trump said ban Muslims that we don't know anything about. Hardly the same thing as banning every Muslim, ever. Hell I would bet the vast, vast majority of Muslims don't want a bunch of radicalized people in this country either. Just sayin'. No, I don't support ignorant Trump but if you are going to quote him at least get it right. The press took his quote out of context just like Fox took Obama's "you didn't build that" business quote waaay out of context when he was talking about infrastructure.

I had that happen recently. CA was talking about how we need Trump, he's going to fix what Obama has screwed up, and he's going to make America great, and ban Muslims. I simply said, "so if I leave the country on a vacation or something, you are okay with me and my wife/child being banned from entering here?" I think the light bulb lit up in him, and to his credit, he changed the subject immediately.

Sorry you had to go through that but good on you for making your point.

It's like we all jack-in to the political matrix, come back to the real world and don't actually spend the time to think "does this actually make sense or does it just sound great bouncing around the echo chamber" often enough.

I had a captain say, "Californians are a bunch of ass holes, all of 'em".

I said, "Guess we're not going out for beers when we get to Miami are we?"

"I thought you were from Arizona?"

"Nope"

Trump said ban Muslims that we don't know anything about. Hardly the same thing as banning every Muslim, ever. Hell I would bet the vast, vast majority of Muslims don't want a bunch of radicalized people in this country either. Just sayin'. No, I don't support ignorant Trump but if you are going to quote him at least get it right. The press took his quote out of context just like Fox took Obama's "you didn't build that" business quote waaay out of context when he was talking about infrastructure.

But think, it's a religion, not a country of origin or a race.

We can effectively "ban all Muslims we know nothing about" as easily as we can ban all people who have watched the Star Wars movies out of sequence.

It "feels good" to people who haven't really thought about it, but it's an empty statement that he knows has no merit but it sells to a particular demographic.

Trump doesn't know anything about any Muslims, so in his mind he meant all of them.

Well, no one is really "from" Arizona...

Nah, I'm not from here.

Besides, upper middle class Scottsdale isn't that much different than upper middle class Anywhere Else except for the scenery and lot size.

Nah, I'm not from here.

Besides, upper middle class Scottsdale isn't that much different than upper middle class Anywhere Else except for the scenery and lot size.
Despite being 3 generation deep, (Unless you're Pima) everyone that I've ever met who lived in 'zona was really from somewhere else... That's what I was getting at.

... So, what you're saying is that you're one of the millions of people following the Kardashians...
Oh hell NO!!! But they have commercials on multiple cable channels 24/7, every time you try and watch a news broadcast - even the local news here, there is some crap about them, I go to look at certain newspapers on line and there they are again, and because I happened to have spent umpteen hours in hospital,. labs and doctors waiting rooms in the last few months, there is a plethora of crappy magazines with them plastered all over the covers. When I listen to the local talk radio and the news here, up pops drivel about the Kardashians. Then, because Caitlin Jenner is often in the news, they of course get mentioned. It's like you can't escape them. It's annoying as all hell, in truth. They are like a fricking plague that just never gets eradicated. .

Last edited:
Oh hell NO!!! But they have commercials on cable many channels 24/7, every time you try and watch a news broadcast - even a local news here, there is some crap about them, I go to look at certain newspapers on line and there they are again, and because I happened to have spent umpteen hours in hospital and doctors waiting rooms in the last few months, there is a plethora of crappy magazines with them plastered all over the covers. When I listen to the local talk radio and the news there, up pops drivel about the Kardashians. It's like you can't escape them. It's annoying as all hell, in truth. They are like a fricking plague that just never gets eradicated. .

Cable free hee see.

Every time you pay your cable bill, you're putting money directly in their pockets because that network gets paid whether you watch it or not.

Back